Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > U.S. Politics

U.S. Politics Congress, elections, government and discussion of all US political issues.

Old Nov 9th 2016, 03:07 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: 2016 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
I dunno, do you have a phone so you can see when it's actually called and also get in some Civ?

Maybe I'll come visit my fam in Belgium.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Work is gonna be weird tomorrow.
I actually want to see Trump's speech in order to evaluate just how big the global disaster will be.
Podesta just packed it in without claiming victory or accepting defeat . Strange decision.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 03:10 AM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
I actually want to see Trump's speech in order to evaluate just how big the global disaster will be.
Podesta just packed it in without claiming victory or accepting defeat . Strange decision.
Fuck Podesta. He can go back to gazing at UFOs.

Anyway, I don't think I can stomach his speech. Like literally I will vomit.

I work for a labor union and might be out of a job if we face an all out assault on labor. I'm a social unionist by ideology, so that won't end, but I might have to find something else to if they pass national "right to work."
Old Nov 9th 2016, 04:07 AM
Globetrotter

This is the first speech I've heard of Trump and I don't watch reality TV. I guess that's the reason it's the first time I hear someone making a speech completely devoid of any substance whatsoever. He said literally nothing.
His body language on the other hand says this is going to be the biggest ego trip since....Stalin? No, worse. Napoleon? No, worse. Emperor Nero, yeah that's about right.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 07:33 AM
Resident Historian

Well, at least it's just the Presidency...and the Senate...and the House...and an open seat on the Supreme Court.

What could possibly go wrong?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 09:02 AM
Cranky Curmudgeon

If you voted you consented to the system and have no right to complain.

Doesn't that make more sense than the reverse that the PCs are always telling us?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:57 AM
This wine needs more whisky

I am in complete shock. I was really hoping that my lack of faith in humanity would be proven wrong last night. My gut feeling and fear was right.

I made it to work before breaking down in tears in my car. Been crying off and on since. What in the fuck have we done?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 12:55 PM
Globetrotter

Putin is pleased
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politi...-world-reacts/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7406741.html

And in the Duma, our parliament, there was wild applause when Trump's victory was announced
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7406866.html

You want the truth, my dear American friends? Yes, Russia helped Trump win. We did. And many of us are even proud of it. Because, for us, this is, above all, payback. What you feel now? This is how many here felt 20 years ago, in 1996, when the Communist leader Gennady Zyuganov was winning our Presidential Election, and America, afraid, perhaps, of another Communist government, interfered covertly and helped the drunken idiot Yeltsin secure another term, another horrible, disastrous 4 years in Russia's history...

I was too young to vote then. I care less about all that. But, I understand those who do. They were robbed, back then. Now, is their revenge... You fucked up our election, now we fucked up yours. Sais la vie. Sorry...
Old Nov 9th 2016, 01:42 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post
I am in complete shock. I was really hoping that my lack of faith in humanity would be proven wrong last night. My gut feeling and fear was right.

I made it to work before breaking down in tears in my car. Been crying off and on since. What in the fuck have we done?
My commiserations. I hope someone good, like Obama, wins in 2020. Welcome back, by the way, it will be great if you post more often, since you are such a great contributor.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Nov 9th 2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 02:02 PM
Resident Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post

On the plus side, Trump seems to be a manipulative liar, so I figure there's a half-decent chance that he never had the slightest intention of actually moving forward on the more horrifying/absurd promises from his campaign (e.g. massive border wall, indiscriminate deportations, trade war with China, targeting women and children in Syria...etc). It's still a terrifying outcome, no doubt, but there's at least some chance he'll turn out to be dishonest in the country's favor.

That said, I sure hope Ruth B. Ginsburg has been taking her vitamins....
Old Nov 9th 2016, 02:09 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
If you voted you consented to the system and have no right to complain.

Doesn't that make more sense than the reverse that the PCs are always telling us?
Putin's puppet is about to enter the White House, according to HimHimselfAndHe. I think it's terrible that Putin now has his puppet in the White House. What do you think about Putin having his puppet in the White House, Tom Palven?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Putin is pleased
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politi...-world-reacts/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7406741.html

And in the Duma, our parliament, there was wild applause when Trump's victory was announced
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7406866.html

You want the truth, my dear American friends? Yes, Russia helped Trump win. We did. And many of us are even proud of it. Because, for us, this is, above all, payback. What you feel now? This is how many here felt 20 years ago, in 1996, when the Communist leader Gennady Zyuganov was winning our Presidential Election, and America, afraid, perhaps, of another Communist government, interfered covertly and helped the drunken idiot Yeltsin secure another term, another horrible, disastrous 4 years in Russia's history...

I was too young to vote then. I care less about all that. But, I understand those who do. They were robbed, back then. Now, is their revenge... You fucked up our election, now we fucked up yours. Sais la vie. Sorry...

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Nov 9th 2016 at 02:17 PM.