Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > World Politics (Non-US)

World Politics (Non-US) For discussions of politics, issues and elections from around the world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old Jul 11th 2011, 06:15 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,823
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
But I think you are wrong. I think that the French and Italian communists don't have a problem with gay people at all.
Methinks you are sweeping with a wide brush.

I'm certain that you can find members of the French or Italian communists that hate gay people with great passion.

Rather, these political groups have made a strategic political decision that hatemongering against gays is electoral/political suicide in most western countries not named USA and thus they officially abide by the rule of tolerance.

That's prudence or pragmatism. I wouldn't mistake that for love for gay people.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jul 11th 2011, 06:24 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Methinks you are sweeping with a wide brush.

I'm certain that you can find members of the French or Italian communists that hate gay people with great passion.

.
I don't know why you're so certain, but you could be right. My experience with people on the left in modern Western Europe is that they are anti-homophobic, and it comes as no surprise to me that they've fallen out with the Russian communists over this.

And that's why I find MeMyselfandI's more tolerant comment, an inappropriate word usage.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jul 11th 2011, 06:26 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,823
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I don't know why you're so certain, but you could be right. My experience with people on the left in modern Western Europe is that they are anti-homophobic, and it comes as no surprise to me that they've fallen out with the Russian communists over this.

And that's why I find MeMyselfandI's more tolerant comment, an inappropriate word usage.
Italy is one of the most officially intolerant countries in Europe with respect to gay rights.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jul 11th 2011, 06:34 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Michael, that's the Catholic church's doing, and Berlusconi. The opposite of the left-wing.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Oct 16th 2011, 06:04 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Very sad. Shame that Russians who moved to Moscow didn't become western in their attitude to gays.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Oct 16th 2011, 06:06 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Very sad. Shame that Russians who moved to Moscow didn't become western in their attitude to gays.
ANd I'm supposed to keep my thoughts to myself about religion.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Oct 16th 2011, 06:15 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Very sad. Shame that Russians who moved to Moscow didn't become western in their attitude to gays.
ANd I'm supposed to keep my thoughts to myself about religion.
Do you just re-boot these old, dead threads simply for the purpose of trolling MeMyselfandI?

It's fucking inane.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Oct 16th 2011, 06:16 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Do you just re-boot these old, dead threads simply for the purpose of trolling MeMyselfandI?

It's fucking inane.
No, do you like strawberrie?
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Oct 16th 2011, 06:52 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
No, do you like strawberrie?
You know, for my first job I picked strawberries. I can't remember how much I was paid per quart that I picked, but I assure you it wasn't much.

Every morning in the spring I would come home smelling like mud, straw (that lined the furrows) and, of course, strawberries.

It took me a long time to really enjoy strawberries again. So do I like them? Yes, but it's really been a process.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Oct 16th 2011, 06:55 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homosexuals = Zoophiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
You know, for my first job I picked strawberries. I can't remember how much I was paid per quart that I picked, but I assure you it wasn't much.

Every morning in the spring I would come home smelling like mud, straw (that lined the furrows) and, of course, strawberries.

It took me a long time to really enjoy strawberries again. So do I like them? Yes, but it's really been a process.
Respect!
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com