Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > U.S. Politics

U.S. Politics Congress, elections, government and discussion of all US political issues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Jan 11th 2017, 12:22 AM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Trump and Russia

I know there are several threads on this, but given the most recent reports I think it might deserve its own thread.

I think we are facing the very real possibility that on some level the next President of the United States is severely compromised to the Russian Government. It appears there may be both carrot and stick involved. His close advisers have ties to Russia dating back years and they may have been cultivating him as an asset at least as far back as 2010. I'm sure many analysis of Manafort, Stone, etc. will be forthcoming.

Here is the CNN Report:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politi...sia/index.html

Here is the Buzzfeed report, complete with the documents that CNN is not sharing:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinge...qXV#.leqYowm6N

And just for fun, here is the twitter search for Golden Shower.

https://twitter.com/search?q=golden%20shower&src=typd
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jan 11th 2017, 09:36 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Trump and Russia

HimhimselfandHe ascribes to Putin the helping of Trump to the White House. Here's what HimHimselfAndHe says;
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Putin is pleased
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politi...-world-reacts/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7406741.html

And in the Duma, our parliament, there was wild applause when Trump's victory was announced
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7406866.html



You want the truth, my dear American friends? Yes, Russia helped Trump win. We did. And many of us are even proud of it. Because, for us, this is, above all, payback. What you feel now? This is how many here felt 20 years ago, in 1996, when the Communist leader Gennady Zyuganov was winning our Presidential Election, and America, afraid, perhaps, of another Communist government, interfered covertly and helped the drunken idiot Yeltsin secure another term, another horrible, disastrous 4 years in Russia's history...

I was too young to vote then. I care less about all that. But, I understand those who do. They were robbed, back then. Now, is their revenge... You fucked up our election, now we fucked up yours. Sais la vie. Sorry...
http://www.discussionworldforum.com/...t=5183&page=80
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jan 11th 2017, 12:32 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: Trump and Russia

As for the veracity of the report, it will be interesting to observe whether Araz Agalarov will ever be seen alive again. If not, that will be a pretty good indication that the vassalization of the United States by Russia is imminent.
__________________
Wir haben es wieder nicht gewusst.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jan 11th 2017, 06:04 PM
dilettante's Avatar
dilettante dilettante is offline
Moderator
Resident Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,067
Default Re: Trump and Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
I know there are several threads on this, but given the most recent reports I think it might deserve its own thread.

I think we are facing the very real possibility that on some level the next President of the United States is severely compromised to the Russian Government. It appears there may be both carrot and stick involved. His close advisers have ties to Russia dating back years and they may have been cultivating him as an asset at least as far back as 2010. I'm sure many analysis of Manafort, Stone, etc. will be forthcoming.

Here is the CNN Report:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politi...sia/index.html

Here is the Buzzfeed report, complete with the documents that CNN is not sharing:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinge...qXV#.leqYowm6N

And just for fun, here is the twitter search for Golden Shower.

https://twitter.com/search?q=golden%20shower&src=typd
From what I've gathered, most of this has practically no corroboration.

I'm glad its being investigated and I can understand CNN feeling justified in reporting on that investigation, but I think Buzzfeed crossed the line in publishing some really serious and salacious accusations when they have no real verification. That's not good journalism.
__________________
kyrie eleison
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jan 11th 2017, 06:06 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,734
Default Re: Trump and Russia

For context, it is well to remember that after Trump's last corporate bankruptcy, he got cut off from American and most European banks.

Rumor has it that Trump has been borrowing huge money in Russia for the last ten-fifteen years to roll over his massive debts. That's what gives the Russians leverage and an interest in having some 'insurance' on him.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jan 11th 2017, 06:09 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,734
Default Re: Trump and Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
I know there are several threads on this, but given the most recent reports I think it might deserve its own thread.

I think we are facing the very real possibility that on some level the next President of the United States is severely compromised to the Russian Government. It appears there may be both carrot and stick involved. His close advisers have ties to Russia dating back years and they may have been cultivating him as an asset at least as far back as 2010. I'm sure many analysis of Manafort, Stone, etc. will be forthcoming.

Here is the CNN Report:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politi...sia/index.html

Here is the Buzzfeed report, complete with the documents that CNN is not sharing:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinge...qXV#.leqYowm6N

And just for fun, here is the twitter search for Golden Shower.

https://twitter.com/search?q=golden%20shower&src=typd
How could America get itself into such an embarrassing mess?

Btw, Trump was already down to 39% approval rate before this news broke. It is going to be a long fucking four years with this shit happening on a daily basis.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Jan 12th 2017, 03:02 AM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: Trump and Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
From what I've gathered, most of this has practically no corroboration.

I'm glad its being investigated and I can understand CNN feeling justified in reporting on that investigation, but I think Buzzfeed crossed the line in publishing some really serious and salacious accusations when they have no real verification. That's not good journalism.
I had a look at that Buzzfeed site and rather than calling it bad journalism, I'd call it anything but journalism at all. The mainstream media is crap, but if people then resort to even worse sources we get the same situation as when people are -justifiedly- fed up with 'normal' politicians and then opt for something even worse, i.e. Trump et al.
So-called social media is at the heart of the whole problem. It's nothing but idiotic crap. What we need is proper old school journalism, not considering every oaf with streaming soft-and hardware to be equivalent to Walter Cronkite.
__________________
Wir haben es wieder nicht gewusst.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Jan 12th 2017, 11:49 AM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Trump and Russia

Actually, Buzzfeed has done a considerable amount of good journalism over the last few years. We're in a weird new world where they might get a major scoop, do in depth analysis, have serious investigation, and then also have a "what character from captain underpants is your pet? Find out with this short quiz!"
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Jan 12th 2017, 01:08 PM
dilettante's Avatar
dilettante dilettante is offline
Moderator
Resident Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,067
Default Re: Trump and Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Actually, Buzzfeed has done a considerable amount of good journalism over the last few years. We're in a weird new world where they might get a major scoop, do in depth analysis, have serious investigation, and then also have a "what character from captain underpants is your pet? Find out with this short quiz!"
Yeah, BuzzFeed is in a weird place. I think the new management is really trying to turn them into a legitimate news organization, but it's a slow process of transformation. This will probably be a step backwards...unless of course an intelligence agency actually manages to corroborate all this stuff. Then they'll be freakin' heroes!
__________________
kyrie eleison
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Jan 12th 2017, 02:00 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Trump and Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
Yeah, BuzzFeed is in a weird place. I think the new management is really trying to turn them into a legitimate news organization, but it's a slow process of transformation. This will probably be a step backwards...unless of course an intelligence agency actually manages to corroborate all this stuff. Then they'll be freakin' heroes!
Also keep in mind that due to how the internet works, I bet a whole lot of the revenue that funds the good journalism comes from articles such as "Fifteen cats that resemble 12th century central European monarchs."
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com