Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Other Forums > Travel

Travel Where have you been? Where are you planning to go? Where would you like to go?

Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:01 AM
Villager

Default Re: Where would you like to travel to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Family oriented hostels? I've never even heard of that!

Free places to stay for families? Are you sure about this?

And I most certainly have seen Youth Hostels in Europe with age restrictions.
I encountered quite a few of them when planning a trip to Europe about a dozen years ago.

they're not free! if you are a member of hostelling international you can get a discount in lots of places, but many hostels cater for people travelling with kids as well. some places I have stayed have had groups with kids (eg school groups) , but its not uncommon to meet families travelling.

first time I took my daughter she was 11 and we stayed mostly in hostels in Europe -and I wasn't young either. Some were really good value, many also have private rooms, but often if you want to go that way you can get just as good a deal with cheap hotels.

if you want to go free - try couch surfing!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 03:52 AM
Nomad

The country I like to go is united kingdom specially I need to go there to see the beauty of London as to my knowledge it is most beautiful place in the world.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 02:15 AM
Banned

I really want to really want to go to the Aegean sea, and now I was working hard to save money, is expected to December 2012 my money is enough to go....... Now I'm very excited!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

I am from canada. I want to go dubai, which is my favorite state in the world. I am facing some legal visa issues. Afterward i 'll reached at dubai. I think dubai state have every type of entertainment.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 01:00 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagtha View Post
I am from canada. I want to go dubai, which is my favorite state in the world. I am facing some legal visa issues. Afterward i 'll reached at dubai. I think dubai state have every type of entertainment.
Many Canadians would shun Dubai's limitations on alcohol consumption.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 03:11 AM
Cranky Curmudgeon

My wife and I are scheduled to visit China. My first two wives and I also visited China. It's a fun place to visit, a real eye-opener, and a lot of bang for the buck.
http://www.gate1travel.com/china-jap...l/default.aspx
The Gate 1 tours above are excellent. They include air fare, some from various airports besides Newark and JFK. Now, however, new visa requirements (Like those for Brazil and other places, which are retaliatory for the US new visa requirements) are an expensive pain-in-the-ass, adding up to a couple of hundred bucks per person.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 02:14 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
My wife and I are scheduled to visit China. My first two wives and I also visited China. It's a fun place to visit, a real eye-opener, and a lot of bang for the buck.
The Gate 1 tours above are excellent. They include air fare, some from various airports besides Newark and JFK. Now, however, new visa requirements (Like those for Brazil and other places, which are retaliatory for the US new visa requirements) are an expensive pain-in-the-ass, adding up to a couple of hundred bucks per person.
I suppose china would be second on my list of places i want to visit.
First would be the united states starting with new york city.
third would be brazil.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 06:49 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Sounds like a very interesting trip.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 03:10 AM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Sounds like a very interesting trip.
Note that if you click on "dates and prices" and then "departure dates," that this 12 day (10 nights in China including 23 meals) on April 3 for $2,549 is alvialable from Ottawa and Montreal. The shorter and least expensive China tours seem to be available only from JFK and LAX, in which case you have to make your own connections. I've gone on tours with other companies, and hve also gone places without a tour group to visit friends and/or relatives in Germany, England. Belgium, Switzerland, and other places, and so far I haven't found any way of sight-seeing that's cheaper, easier, and more user friendly than Gate 1. If you know of know of a company that's as good or better, please let me know.
http://www.gate1travel.com/china-jap...13.aspx#hotels

Last edited by Tom Palven; Feb 13th 2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 07:59 PM
Official Forum Geek

Quote:
I took a tour through Gate 1 last year -- we went to Spain and Portugal. I would definitely recommend the company as the tour was excellent. They packed a lot of activities and sites into the time we had.

I'll probably use them again at some point. We're thinking of taking the trip they offer to the Galapagos Islands one year.