Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Other Forums > Travel

Travel Where have you been? Where are you planning to go? Where would you like to go?

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 01:20 AM
Villager

Default Re: Where have you traveled to?

States: Idaho (obviously), Washington (Tacoma, Seattle, Shoreline, Bend, Yakima), Oregon (Nyssa, Haines, Baker City, Vale, Ontario, Portland, Eugene, La Grande, Pendleton, Hermiston), California (Los Angeles, San Francisco), Nevada (Reno, Las Vegas, Ely, Henderson), Utah (SLC and all the cities with in 30-minutes, Magna, Dugway, ), Wyoming (Rock Springs, Laramie, Cheyenne), Colorado(Colorado Springs, Denver, Grand Junction, Canon City, Florence, Pueblo, Woodland Park, Cripple Creek), Arizona (Phoenix, Brenda, Nogales, Rio Rico, Tucson, Sierra Vista, Douglas, Benson, Tombstone), New Mexico (Las Cruces), Texas (Houston, Dallas, El Paso), Arkansas (Little Rock), Georgia (Atlanta, Augusta), South Carolina (Columbia), Maryland (Baltimore, Lexington Park), Virginia (Alexandria), New York (Syracuse, Watertown, Buffalo, Niagra Falls), Illinois (Chicago), Louisiana (Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans), and DC.

Countries: Mexico (Jaurez), Nova Scotia, Germany (Frankfurt), Ireland (Shannon), Hungary (Budapest), Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq (Baghdad, Kirkuk, Irbil, Tuz, Sulaymaniyah, and Halabjah), Canada (St. Catharines) and Japan (Tokyo, Wako-Shi, and some other towns I don't remember)

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure I forgot some. I didn't count anything I spent less than an hour in.
Landing is a lot like falling, you just land.
-- Betty, Dead Like Me

Discuss Politics
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 06:21 PM
Citizen

I've been to South Dakota a number of times. The badlands are spectacular. I've been to Mount Rushmore a couple of times. I've been to Crazy Horse a couple times, and I highly recommend it to anyone. The story of how it was started by one Polish guy blasting away rocks all by himself is pretty amazing. In addition, I've taken a trip to Watertown to visit friends each of the last two winters. It's cold.

I've driven through North Dakota once on my way to Montana, but I don't recall anything worth mentioning.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.Ē - F.A. Hayek
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Well then, I think that settles that... North Dakota definitely is the most obscure state in all of the US.

Going to have to update the old "Bumfuck, Idaho" expression!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigMason View Post
States: Idaho (obviously), Washington (Tacoma, Seattle, Shoreline, Bend, Yakima), Oregon (Nyssa, Haines, Baker City, Vale, Ontario, Portland, Eugene, La Grande, Pendleton, Hermiston), California (Los Angeles, San Francisco), Nevada (Reno, Las Vegas, Ely, Henderson), Utah (SLC and all the cities with in 30-minutes, Magna, Dugway, ), Wyoming (Rock Springs, Laramie, Cheyenne), Colorado(Colorado Springs, Denver, Grand Junction, Canon City, Florence, Pueblo, Woodland Park, Cripple Creek), Arizona (Phoenix, Brenda, Nogales, Rio Rico, Tucson, Sierra Vista, Douglas, Benson, Tombstone), New Mexico (Las Cruces), Texas (Houston, Dallas, El Paso), Arkansas (Little Rock), Georgia (Atlanta, Augusta), South Carolina (Columbia), Maryland (Baltimore, Lexington Park), Virginia (Alexandria), New York (Syracuse, Watertown, Buffalo, Niagra Falls), Illinois (Chicago), Louisiana (Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans), and DC.

Countries: Mexico (Jaurez), Nova Scotia, Germany (Frankfurt), Ireland (Shannon), Hungary (Budapest), Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq (Baghdad, Kirkuk, Irbil, Tuz, Sulaymaniyah, and Halabjah), Canada (St. Catharines) and Japan (Tokyo, Wako-Shi, and some other towns I don't remember)

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure I forgot some. I didn't count anything I spent less than an hour in.
More than a few places on that list suggest to me that Uncle Sam was probably paying the bill for some of those visits.

What year were you in Iraq?
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:53 AM
This wine needs more whisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Well then, I think that settles that... North Dakota definitely is the most obscure state in all of the US.

I always heard it as, "Bumfuck, Egypt"
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post
I always heard it as, "Bumfuck, Egypt"
Naw, if you want to go international, that's "Timbuktu" (which is near Chad/Niger in the Sahara desert).

Besides, "Bumfuck, Idaho" rolls of the tongue much better than "Bumfuck, Egypt" does! Probably someone from Idaho tried to fool you.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:58 AM
This wine needs more whisky

Quote:
Naw, if you want to go international, that's "Timbuktu" (which is near Chad/Niger in the Sahara desert).

Besides, "Bumfuck, Idaho" rolls of the tongue much better than "Bumfuck, Egypt" does! Probably someone from Idaho tried to fool you.
Thanks for the geography lesson! And, we'll just chalk the "Bumfuck, Idaho" deal to you being Canadian.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 03:22 PM
Villager

Quote:

Yeah! And it's Podunk, Idaho.

Quote:
More than a few places on that list suggest to me that Uncle Sam was probably paying the bill for some of those visits.

What year were you in Iraq?
Yeah, there were a few there that Uncle Sam paid for.

I was in Iraq from December 04 to October 05
Landing is a lot like falling, you just land.
-- Betty, Dead Like Me

Discuss Politics
Old Oct 5th 2009, 04:12 AM
World Citizen

I've been to Ochopee, Florida, home of the smallest post office in the U.S. Talk about obscure... And I've been to Spuds, Florida. Anybody want to take a wild guess what crop they grow there?
Cabbage.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 05:49 AM
World Citizen

Quote:
Now there's a good question... has anybody here ever been to either one of the Dakotas???

That's got to be one of the most obscure places in USA - no one ever goes there it seems!

(my apologies to KSigMason, but I honestly was going to add Idaho to that list of most obscure states that no one ever goes to, but I figured I couldn't put it on the list if one of our members hails from there!)
I thought every US citizen had been to Mt. Rushmore.

And yes, I've been to both South Dakota and Idaho.