Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Welcome & Introductions

Welcome & Introductions A place to introduce yourself and to find help with using forum features!

Old Jan 24th 2010, 01:04 AM
Nomad

Default Hello

Hey there.

I'm Jaime, originally from Chicago, Illinois, I now live in the state of Texas where I attend Texas State University. I'm a double major in Anthropology and Sociology, with an education component.

On the American scale, I'm considered to be a radical progressive (or, crazy left-winger). My favorite topics are that of race/ethnicity, foreign policy (specifically the history of the U.S. in other nations), and gender issues. I am here to learn more from everyone and perhaps share some of what I know as well.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 01:14 AM
World Citizen

Default Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Hey there.

I'm Jaime, originally from Chicago, Illinois, I now live in the state of Texas where I attend Texas State University. I'm a double major in Anthropology and Sociology, with an education component.

On the American scale, I'm considered to be a radical progressive (or, crazy left-winger). My favorite topics are that of race/ethnicity, foreign policy (specifically the history of the U.S. in other nations), and gender issues. I am here to learn more from everyone and perhaps share some of what I know as well.
Hi!

Nice to meet you.

For a good time call Judges 19:24-30
Old Jan 24th 2010, 03:58 AM
Official Forum Mascot

Jaime? Eres latino?

At any rate, bienvenido!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 09:40 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Hey there.

Hello. From Chicago to Texas is quite a cultural leap.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 09:44 AM
Bad Motherfucker

Quote:
On the American scale, I'm considered to be a radical progressive (or, crazy left-winger).
Is that the American scale or the Texan scale? Quite a difference.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Hey there.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you will find this place pretty comfortable. Btw, we do have an Anthropology professor as a member - and sociology was one of my minors - so those topics do come up here!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:24 PM
Villager

Quote:
Hey there.

Welcome Jaime - I have a background in related areas, I also have a strong background on equity issues, including gender and race/ethnicity - especially, although not exclusively, as relates to the Australian environment.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 01:01 AM
Citizen

Welcome aboard. It seems like there's quite a few people here that have a Chicago and/or Illinois connection.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. - F.A. Hayek
Old Jan 25th 2010, 08:34 AM
World Citizen

Welcome
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:08 AM
This wine needs more whisky

Hello