Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Welcome & Introductions

Welcome & Introductions A place to introduce yourself and to find help with using forum features!

Old May 15th 2009, 10:34 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Who Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I believe that Thomas Paine (aka Tumbleweed) is the other, though I'm only guessing.

Btw, I'm the one who invited Evangeline over here, and she's invited you, and that's good enough for us!

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll find this place to be rather less crazy and chaotic than PH or PF - we're a friendly bunch here with a good range of political opinions - though, we do have a slight shortage of hardcore right-wingers and conspiracy theorists...
I remember Tumbleweed from a couple of forums. Welcome.
Old May 15th 2009, 12:39 PM
Nomad

Quote:
I believe that Thomas Paine (aka Tumbleweed) is the other, though I'm only guessing.

Btw, I'm the one who invited Evangeline over here, and she's invited you, and that's good enough for us!

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll find this place to be rather less crazy and chaotic than PH or PF - we're a friendly bunch here with a good range of political opinions - though, we do have a slight shortage of hardcore right-wingers and conspiracy theorists...

I do remember Thomas Paine from PH.

TP I was sorry when you decided to leave PH because I learned a lot from what you had to say so I am pleased you are here. You may remember me as 2lane.
Old May 15th 2009, 03:59 PM
Official Forum Mascot

So many noooobies!

(ok like three, but sweet!)
Old May 16th 2009, 12:49 AM
This wine needs more whisky

Hello! I have heard a lot about most of you (don't worry, it all has been good). My real name is Amber and I "belong" to "The Drunk Guy." He says that I am a paranoid schizo and that I over analyze everything. Oh! And, one time I ate a taco and spent a week beating myself up because I got tacos instead of burritos. Unfortunately, afterwards I attempted suicide. But, luckily for you that last part was just for laughs.

Now, to the part where Chet doesn't dictate my every word...

I am a miserable student/certified nursing assistant who enjoys beers and long walks on the beach. Wait! Hasn't someone already said that?! (Sorry my schizo personality kicked in).

Although, I am miserable in some aspects of my life I am ready to move forward and enjoy the "finer" things in life. I am horrible with words and expressing myself, so please excuse me in advance for that. Also, I am totally random and eclectic and demanding, so please excuse that as well.

-Amber
Old May 16th 2009, 01:04 AM
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post
Hello! I have heard a lot about most of you (don't worry, it all has been good). My real name is Amber and I "belong" to "The Drunk Guy." He says that I am a paranoid schizo and that I over analyze everything. Oh! And, one time I ate a taco and spent a week beating myself up because I got tacos instead of burritos. Unfortunately, afterwards I attempted suicide. But, luckily for you that last part was just for laughs.

I am a miserable student/certified nursing assistant who enjoys beers and long walks on the beach. Wait! Hasn't someone already said that?! (Sorry my schizo personality kicked in).

Although, I am miserable in some aspects of my life I am ready to move forward and enjoy the "finer" things in life. I am horrible with words and expressing myself, so please excuse me in advance for that. Also, I am totally random and eclectic and demanding, so please excuse that as well.

-Amber
Well, as long as you're hot then the rest... Forgive me in that I am completely superficial, no depth whatsoever. And welcome, or as much of a welcome as a person with only about 5 more posts than you is allow to offer.
Old May 16th 2009, 01:05 AM
Citizen

Hi Mr Paine and Drunk Girl! I'm glad you joined Tumbleweed! And Drunk Girl, I think you're only the 3rd girl here, including me. Am I right boys? So it's nice to have another person with ovaries.
Old May 16th 2009, 02:44 AM
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
Hi Mr Paine and Drunk Girl! I'm glad you joined Tumbleweed! And Drunk Girl, I think you're only the 3rd girl here, including me. Am I right boys? So it's nice to have another person with ovaries.
Hmm...I might say there's five of you that are active. Well, semi-active. Perhaps more if you count the total stragglers.

But hey, it's not like I'm counting.*

*Actually I am.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. - F.A. Hayek
Old May 16th 2009, 05:40 AM
Nomad

Quote:
Welcome Thomas Paine, with a username like that, you get respect right off the top because I just love the oriignal Thomas Paine!
Hi Michael. Thanks for the welcome. I see that the forum seems to be fairly new so good luck with your endeavor. I like your choice of emoticons.

Thomas Paine seems to be one of the least known or mentioned figures
from the founding father's era, but one that I find very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
I remember Tumbleweed from a couple of forums. Welcome.
Hi Americano. Thanks for the welcome. Your user name doesn't ring a bell so I may know you as someone else, or as they say. the first thing to go is the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryporter View Post
I do remember Thomas Paine from PH.

TP I was sorry when you decided to leave PH because I learned a lot from what you had to say so I am pleased you are here. You may remember me as 2lane.
Hi Henry. Sorry, but I'm not that Thomas Paine. I am a member as PH, but this is my first time using this name. The forum software wouldn't let me register as Tumbleweed because of the word "weed" I presume, which has happened on a few other forums as well. Sorry for the mixup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
Hi Mr Paine and Drunk Girl! I'm glad you joined Tumbleweed!
Hi Evangeline. Thanks for the invite. I was looking to expand my horizons so to speak because of all the drama going on over there, so your timing was perfect. A lot of posters who I shared common points of view with got banned, which took some of the pleasure out of posting there. I needed a breath of freah air.
Old May 16th 2009, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Welcome to The Drunk Girl!

This is a veritable wave of newbies!!!

And for those counting, you will notice there there a fair number of females here amongst the regulars in addition to Evangeline, there is bug, MCMFM23, and Sucre as well as several others who aren't quite as active (TheSister, JHC, Helene) and one or two more that belong to that category of those who register, but never post.

And don't pay no mind to wphelan... he tries hitting on all the girls here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
Hi Michael. Thanks for the welcome. I see that the forum seems to be fairly new so good luck with your endeavor. I like your choice of emoticons.
Yes, we've only just past the six month mark here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
Hi Henry. Sorry, but I'm not that Thomas Paine. I am a member as PH, but this is my first time using this name. The forum software wouldn't let me register as Tumbleweed because of the word "weed" I presume, which has happened on a few other forums as well. Sorry for the mixup.
Actually, the reason is that we already have an (inactive) member registered with the username of Tumbleweed.

There are no banned words here.
Old May 16th 2009, 09:33 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post

-Amber
Welcome Amber. Though I am a little distressed to hear the Southern US states are again allowing ownership of people.