Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Entertainment

Entertainment Hollywood, Movies, Music, Television, Sports & Celebrities.

View Poll Results: Do you want to hear songs in lots of languages?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 1 25.00%
No, because I want to understand the lyrics 1 25.00%
I don't care, I just like voting in polls. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 29th 2014, 04:28 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Eurovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
1. "Open" = Freely admit to and let it be known they are gay.
2. "Problems" = such as described in previous post. Church can use thugs to intimidate and engage in violence against you; and it can use the government and its agencies to attack you through the law. Basically, it can have you beaten up, arrested, jailed, and even killed (it has happened), if it does not like you.
Do you know of any prosecutions under the new so-called 'propaganda' law? Wouldn't Anna Netrebko be a candidate?
Old May 29th 2014, 05:54 AM
Globetrotter

MeMyselfAndI, imagine that a gay couple live together in an ordinary flat in Russia for 10 years. It could be Moscow or another city.

You know and I know that their neighbours will understand that they are gay, as they see them go in and out of their flat for 10 years.

The couple don't tell their employers about it - or their colleagues.

But of course, their neighbours know about it because they are not stupid.

What are the chances that their neighbours don't interfere and consequently the gay couple are able to live reasonably safely and even happily?
Old May 29th 2014, 11:31 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
MeMyselfAndI, imagine that a gay couple live together in an ordinary flat in Russia for 10 years. It could be Moscow or another city.

You know and I know that their neighbours will understand that they are gay, as they see them go in and out of their flat for 10 years.

The couple don't tell their employers about it - or their colleagues.

But of course, their neighbours know about it because they are not stupid.

What are the chances that their neighbours don't interfere and consequently the gay couple are able to live reasonably safely and even happily?
Depends. If the neighbors are more educated, progressive people, it may be okay. If they are more average Russians, there would be some trouble. I personally know of a woman who was forced, by all her neighbors, to sell her apartment and move away, because her 23 year old son is a homosexual, and they found out, and feared he would molest their children and make them like himself, or something... Hatred is based upon ignorance.
Old May 29th 2014, 11:33 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Depends. If the neighbors are more educated, progressive people, it may be okay. If they are more average Russians, there would be some trouble. I personally know of a woman who was forced, by all her neighbors, to sell her apartment and move away, because her 23 year old son is a homosexual, and they found out, and feared he would molest their children and make them like himself, or something... Hatred is based upon ignorance.
You don't think that in most cases the neighbours may dislike it, but wouldn't go so far as to do something about it?
Old May 29th 2014, 12:59 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
You don't think that in most cases the neighbours may dislike it, but wouldn't go so far as to do something about it?
As I said, it depends. Some people are more tolerant than others. But, in most apartment buildings, work collectives, etc, you will have one or two really determined, hard line bigots, who now have the support from the Church and government to rile up others around them, and set everyone against the unfortunate target of their usually irrational hatred...
Old May 23rd 2015, 02:37 PM
Globetrotter

It's tonight. Who will win? By the way, Australia are participating as a guest nation, since it's the 60th anniversary of the creation of Eurovision.
Old May 23rd 2015, 06:35 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
It's tonight. Who will win? By the way, Australia are participating as a guest nation, since it's the 60th anniversary of the creation of Eurovision.
Our Polina Gagarina is in the final!

Sadly, instead of cheering for her like patriotic citizens, too many here instead pour scorn and hate on her for being nice to Konchita Worst, who came up to greet her at one point: https://youtu.be/eLDDDIsfcKU

Well, what was she supposed to do, say "Get away from me, you disgusting transvestite!", really?

You know, it angered me, seeing some gay Germans wave rainbow flags at Gagarina during her performance, reminding of other gays booing our twins last year.

But, thinking about it, back in January a gay club was violently attacked in the city of Tolyatti, with four hospitalized, including one in critical condition. Couple weeks ago, a prominent local gay activist who spoke out in condemnation of that attack was apparently arrested. Around the same time, another prominent gay activist in Khabarovsk, Siberia, was pepper sprayed and then had his head bashed open, while attending a demonstration; and days ago, Moscow gays had their Pride march banned, yet again.

Those European gays aren't wrong...
Old May 23rd 2015, 09:22 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
The Swedish guy win, our Polina took second place
Old Apr 25th 2016, 03:32 PM
Globetrotter

On the 14th of May, this year's Eurovision will be held.
Here is Poland's entry;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjup9PJ25LM

I think Poland have got a decent chance of winning Eurovision for the first time.
Old May 14th 2016, 12:32 PM
Globetrotter

It's today. Russia are among the favourites, and Poland's entry is very good, I think.