Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Entertainment

Entertainment Hollywood, Movies, Music, Television, Sports & Celebrities.

View Poll Results: Do you want to hear songs in lots of languages?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 1 25.00%
No, because I want to understand the lyrics 1 25.00%
I don't care, I just like voting in polls. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 12th 2014, 02:40 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Eurovision

Maybe the Russian conservatives should be grateful to Conchita - now they don't need to spend lots of time and energy telling the Russian people that Europe is accepting towards gay people - on Saturday Europe let the world know that, without any help from anyone.
Old May 12th 2014, 02:48 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Maybe the Russian conservatives should be grateful to Conchita - now they don't need to spend lots of time and energy telling the Russian people that Europe is accepting towards gay people - on Saturday Europe let the world know that, without any help from anyone.
Okay. Well, this is now the face of Europe

Congratulations. If you are happy with that, I would not judge you.

Just leave us Russians out of it.
Old May 12th 2014, 02:52 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Okay. Well, this is now the face of Europe

Congratulations. If you are happy with that, I would not judge you.

Just leave us Russians out of it.
King Conchita of Europe
As for leaving Russians out of it, Putin will decide that.
Old May 12th 2014, 03:09 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
King Conchita of Europe
As for leaving Russians out of it, Putin will decide that.
Do not know what he will decided, but there is indeed more and more talk of withdrawing from Eurovision, forever. Keep in mind that the lion's share of financial support for Eurovision, the largest contribution, comes from Russia. So, will be interesting to see how they feel about that
Old May 12th 2014, 03:14 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Do not know what he will decided, but there is indeed more and more talk of withdrawing from Eurovision, forever. Keep in mind that the lion's share of financial support for Eurovision, the largest contribution, comes from Russia. So, will be interesting to see how they feel about that
That isn't the lion's share. The lion's share means that it has to be more than 50%.

Putin can do what he wants, as I've already said - I suppose he'll need to find some ways of saving money, what with all the sanctions from the West.
Old May 12th 2014, 03:38 AM
Globetrotter

PS; What is your source for this claim?
Quote:
the largest contribution, comes from Russia.
Old May 12th 2014, 04:28 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
PS; What is your source for this claim?
Artur Gasparian says we pay 10% of all membership dues in the European Broadcasting Union, calculated with allowance for relative population size and territory; biggest due in EBU.
http://www.snob.ru/selected/entry/75983

Gasparian says it would be a shame if we withdrew, ye, he says, we can survive without Eurovision, and they probably would still manage without us. But 21st century is not one of self-isolation, but of communication and cooperation...

Well, I am all for that, honestly. But, Europe needs to learn to respect that we are just different from you. We do not think like you. We just do not feel that men with beards dancing around on stage wearing a dress is appropriate, it simply is not. It does not happen here. Dresses are to be worn by women. That is our culture, like it or not. And no, Nick, no matter how much you may hope, it will not change.

In your schools, children learn how great it is to be gay

In our schools, our children are taught how to be good Christians

Our people learn different values than yours starting from childhood. That is why, my friend, we will never understand each other, particularly on social policy
Old May 12th 2014, 04:38 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Dresses are to be worn by women. That is our culture, like it or not. And no, Nick, no matter how much you may hope, it will not change.
Where have I expressed any concern about what Russians wear?
Old May 12th 2014, 04:55 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Where have I expressed any concern about what Russians wear?
You constantly express concern about Russians' attitudes toward gays. Not only you. Some of your highly cultured European compatriots, Danish ones, saw fit to wave rainbow flags and shout jeers in the faces of two teenage girls because they don't like their country's social policies. How very civilized of them.

Look, I like you, I think you are a great chap, fun to talk to about a variety of topics here. But, speaking for most here, we are tired, of Europe and the West constantly criticizing everything we do, and acting like you all are so much better than us You are not. You have your messes and we have ours. As far as our gays, if they do not like it here, get on a plane, go elsewhere. Many do, I have written about it here. We do not even mind those gays that do choose to stay here and live with us, as long as they keep their gayness to themselves, in private, just as we heterosexuals should, and most normal people do, keep our sexual lives in private.

We do not want gay "parades" in our streets; or transvestites with beards singing on national stages. We do not, and it will not happen here. Europeans should just accept this, and then we can all move on and try to make a more productive relationship, as neighbors.
Old May 12th 2014, 05:05 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
You constantly express concern about Russians' attitudes toward gays. Not only you.
That's true - you also express concern about attitudes towards gay people in Russia - unless you've changed your mind, of course. You haven't told us about that. That has nothing to do with caring what they wear.

And Russians tell Europeans what to do more than Europeans tell Russians what to do, so kindly stop talking as if it's the other way round.

Quote:
We do not even mind those gays that do choose to stay here and live with us, as long as they keep their gayness to themselves, in private, just as we heterosexuals should, and most normal people do, keep our sexual lives in private.
If the above is true, then it looks as if you (plural) have made a huge leap forwards, so congratulations.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; May 12th 2014 at 05:11 AM.