Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Entertainment

Entertainment Hollywood, Movies, Music, Television, Sports & Celebrities.

View Poll Results: Do you want to hear songs in lots of languages?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 1 25.00%
No, because I want to understand the lyrics 1 25.00%
I don't care, I just like voting in polls. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 10th 2014, 07:47 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Eurovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
That's strange - instead of answering my question, you just tell me the same things that you've told me many times before. Could you answer the question?

Do you think the act was a protest against Putin's recent anti-gay policies? I do. Do you think the people of Europe, in giving him victory, were protesting against Putin's recent anti-gay policies? I do.
I am sure they were. And by turning a healthy competition into some kind of gay rights protest, they deligitimized it, IMHO
Old May 10th 2014, 07:55 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Precisely why I question the rationale of Russia participating in this... Let our young girls compete against bearded transvestites? My God... Let the Europeans revel in their/your sexual fetishes, but why must we be subjected to this? We made clear we do not want this in our society when banned Verka Serdyuchka from our televisions.

Should have pulled out when first saw this. That was when my children stopped watching it too, i turned off the TV.
Your children stay up very late. What time was it in Moscow, and this law about so-called 'propaganda' directed at children - does it apply to TV all night?
Old May 10th 2014, 08:02 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Your children stay up very late. What time was it in Moscow, and this law about so-called 'propaganda' directed at children - does it apply to TV all night?
It applies all the time, as far as I know. And yes, this was quite late. I wanted to let them stay up, watch this Eurovision, as a reward for good behavior. Than saw that, and decided - bad idea

Again, I am not for violence against people like that, I think they should be able to live in peace. But not showcase themselves on television.
Old May 10th 2014, 08:06 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
It applies all the time, as far as I know. And yes, this was quite late. I wanted to let them stay up, watch this Eurovision, as a reward for good behavior. Than saw that, and decided - bad idea

Again, I am not for violence against people like that, I think they should be able to live in peace. But not showcase themselves on television.
But it was an opportunity for Europe to show Putin what they think of his anti-gay policies. When Putin implements such bigoted policies, of course people will want to protest - that is obvious, in my opinion.
Old May 10th 2014, 08:16 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
But it was an opportunity for Europe to show Putin what they think of his anti-gay policies. When Putin implements such bigoted policies, of course people will want to protest - that is obvious, in my opinion.
Than protest, picket embassies, etc. Why screw up an international talent contest with this?
Old May 10th 2014, 08:23 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Than protest, picket embassies, etc. Why screw up an international talent contest with this?
Russian propaganda can dismiss embassy protests as being only a minority of people. But today's event shows all Russian people that Europe truly dislikes homophobia.
Old May 10th 2014, 08:27 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Russian propaganda can dismiss embassy protests as being only a minority of people. But today's event shows all Russian people that Europe truly dislikes homophobia.
Well, the end result may be Russia withdrawing from Eurovision in the future. I am already hearing talk of that. I suppose that would be a victory for everyone?
Old May 11th 2014, 12:49 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Well, the end result may be Russia withdrawing from Eurovision in the future. I am already hearing talk of that. I suppose that would be a victory for everyone?
If that's what Putin wants to do then let him - the important thing was that yesterday everyone (Russians too) saw what the people of Europe think of homophobia.
Old May 11th 2014, 02:48 AM
Globetrotter

Ukraine gave 8 points to Austria (Conchita).
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/result...=1893&voter=UA
Old May 11th 2014, 03:13 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Ukraine gave 8 points to Austria (Conchita).
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/result...=1893&voter=UA
Too bad they did not vote for their own singer. Oh, but you cannot do that in Eurovision, can you? How stupid is that? Do you realize that this meant, because the idiots in charge of this thing insisted on denying reality and counting Crimea as part of Ukraine, that Crimeans, even those still somewhat loyal to Kiev and perhaps wanting to vote for Ukraine, could not do so?

God... Again, why do we still participate in this? Why humiliate ourselves as a nation like this? Maybe I will ask this to Putin at his next telephone conference with the population, will phone in, for the first time ever