Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > War and Conflict

War and Conflict UN, NATO, Iraq, Afghanistan, War on Terror, Israel & Palestine, and all international political conflicts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old Oct 9th 2016, 10:06 AM
Tom Palven Tom Palven is offline
Cranky Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,045
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Alex Jones is right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upu4sWYthMU

Something I don't understand is how one-time peace activist John Kerry was lobotomized by the MIC.
__________________
Voltairian individualist on the Lunatic Fringe of the Radical Center
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 05:27 AM
Tom Palven Tom Palven is offline
Cranky Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,045
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Uncle Sam has already spent over $2 Trillion killing people and breaking things in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, and Yemen, and is still persona non grata in the Mid-East except among elite Saudi royalty according to Ron Paul.
http://original.antiwar.com/paul/201...ia-peace-plan/
__________________
Voltairian individualist on the Lunatic Fringe of the Radical Center
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 06:49 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,819
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Alex Jones is right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upu4sWYthMU

Something I don't understand is how one-time peace activist John Kerry was lobotomized by the MIC.
Alex Jones? Are you kidding?

Wikipedia covers it rather well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Alexander Emerick "Alex" Jones (born February 11, 1974)[1] is an American radio show host, filmmaker, writer,[2] and conspiracy theorist.[3][4][5][6] He hosts The Alex Jones Show from Austin, Texas, which airs on the Genesis Communications Network[7] and shortwave radio station WWCR[8] across the United States and online.[9][10] His website, InfoWars.com, has been labelled as a fake news website.[11][12][13][14]

Jones has been the center of many controversies, including his statements about gun control in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.[15] He has accused the U.S. government of being involved in the Oklahoma City bombing,[16] the September 11 attacks[17] and the filming of fake Moon landings to hide NASA's secret technology.[18][19][20] He says that government and big business have colluded to create a New World Order through "manufactured economic crises, sophisticated surveillance tech and—above all—inside-job terror attacks that fuel exploitable hysteria".[21] Jones has described himself as a libertarian[22] and paleoconservative.[23] Jones has been described by others as conservative, right-wing, alt-right,[24] and a pro-Russia propagandist.[25]

New York magazine described Jones as "America's leading conspiracy theorist",[26] and the Southern Poverty Law Center describes him as "the most prolific conspiracy theorist in contemporary America".[27] When asked about these labels, Jones said that he is "proud to be listed as a thought criminal against Big Brother".[26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Many would argue that this guy is the nuttiest wingnut of them all.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Apr 6th 2017, 10:40 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Well fuckdoodles.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Apr 7th 2017, 01:56 AM
Tom Palven Tom Palven is offline
Cranky Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,045
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

I guess Sen. Rand Paul was wrong yesterday:
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/04/06/s...onal-approval/
__________________
Voltairian individualist on the Lunatic Fringe of the Radical Center
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old Apr 7th 2017, 05:44 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,819
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Attacking Syria with 60 cruise missiles is bad strategy for the simple reason that one should NEVER initiate any military action against another country without and overall strategic plan for victory - and a willingness to supply the necessary resources to execute that strategy.

What is to be achieved with this attack? What is plan B if the missiles fail to achieve their intended/desired effect? I think it is blatantly obvious that the Trump Admin has no plan here other than to just toss a few cruise missiles at Syria just because.

The Obama Administration refrained from engaging in Syria for exactly this reason - there just isn't any rational, coherent or viable strategy for American military operations in Syria. There wasn't five years ago and there isn't now. There is not 'opposition' group opposed to Assad who isn't worse than Assad. So who is the US presuming to be helping or supporting with this operation? No doubt we'll be hearing about the ever mysterious moderate rebel factions that only exist in Washington imaginations.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Apr 7th 2017, 05:50 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,819
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Regardless of the lack of a strategy here, this plan to toss cruise missiles at Syria was also a poor plan on a tactical level as well. As everyone knows, the Russian military is active in Syria (Syria's official ally) and therefore any US attack risks a potential escalation with Russia. In order to avoid that, the US government apparently notified Russia of the time and place of the impending attack. Needless to say, Russia shared that information with their Syrian allies, so that when the cruise missiles hit, all the important people and materials had been moved to safety. So the American attack amounted to 60 [very expensive] cruise missiles raining down on a basically abandoned airfield.

From a tactical perspective, attacking the enemy without actually hitting the enemy is generally considered a major failure.

I'm sure the US media will be celebrating the steely resolve and the brilliant and unparalleled success of this attack. That's just what they do.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Apr 7th 2017, 07:03 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Attacking Syria with 60 cruise missiles is bad strategy for the simple reason that one should NEVER initiate any military action against another country without and overall strategic plan for victory - and a willingness to supply the necessary resources to execute that strategy.

What is to be achieved with this attack? What is plan B if the missiles fail to achieve their intended/desired effect? I think it is blatantly obvious that the Trump Admin has no plan here other than to just toss a few cruise missiles at Syria just because.

The Obama Administration refrained from engaging in Syria for exactly this reason - there just isn't any rational, coherent or viable strategy for American military operations in Syria. There wasn't five years ago and there isn't now. There is not 'opposition' group opposed to Assad who isn't worse than Assad. So who is the US presuming to be helping or supporting with this operation? No doubt we'll be hearing about the ever mysterious moderate rebel factions that only exist in Washington imaginations.
What, are you saying that the five dimensional chess master Trump and boy wonder Jared Kushner aka Prez Kush don't have a long term strategy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Regardless of the lack of a strategy here, this plan to toss cruise missiles at Syria was also a poor plan on a tactical level as well. As everyone knows, the Russian military is active in Syria (Syria's official ally) and therefore any US attack risks a potential escalation with Russia. In order to avoid that, the US government apparently notified Russia of the time and place of the impending attack. Needless to say, Russia shared that information with their Syrian allies, so that when the cruise missiles hit, all the important people and materials had been moved to safety. So the American attack amounted to 60 [very expensive] cruise missiles raining down on a basically abandoned airfield.

From a tactical perspective, attacking the enemy without actually hitting the enemy is generally considered a major failure.

I'm sure the US media will be celebrating the steely resolve and the brilliant and unparalleled success of this attack. That's just what they do.
This election has turned me into a paranoid conspiracy theorist but... they didn't even target the runways.

ABC had it last night that the Syrians removed a lot of relevant equipment and personal before the attack...

Man, it sure seems like they knew it was coming and that both sides took aims to minimize damage.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Apr 7th 2017, 08:53 PM
Tom Palven Tom Palven is offline
Cranky Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,045
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

Same Shit, Different Country, Different Day:
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...072214906.html
__________________
Voltairian individualist on the Lunatic Fringe of the Radical Center
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Apr 9th 2017, 08:35 AM
Tom Palven Tom Palven is offline
Cranky Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,045
Default Re: Syrian Conflict

It appears that like that village in Vietnam and more recently in Kobane, Syria, that the US may have to destroy Mosul, Iraq, "in order to save it."
http://original.antiwar.com/robert-l...ul-and-beyond/
__________________
Voltairian individualist on the Lunatic Fringe of the Radical Center
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com