Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Arts & Literature

Arts & Literature Book Reviews, Fiction, Literary Criticism, Poetry, Stage and Visual Arts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old Dec 11th 2013, 05:51 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,739
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Who is this guy? Should I know his picture?
I believe that Dominick was referring to the poster of the picture (drgoodtrips).

The picture is a very commonly used one on internet forums (expresses exasperation).
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old Dec 11th 2013, 08:53 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Who is this guy? Should I know his picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I believe that Dominick was referring to the poster of the picture (drgoodtrips).

The picture is a very commonly used one on internet forums (expresses exasperation).
I was actually referring to the picture. It was used frequently on 'that forum of old' in the context of 9/11 conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old Dec 12th 2013, 06:05 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,739
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
I was actually referring to the picture. It was used frequently on 'that forum of old' in the context of 9/11 conspiracy theories.
Sorry, my mistake.

Btw, that pic has been [apparently] been supplanted by the facepalm pic - or the infamous Star Trek 'double-facepalm' pic.

__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old Mar 17th 2014, 03:32 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

One can't argue with the general populace - they choose to flock to the bookshops and buy his books.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old Mar 17th 2014, 08:56 AM
voiceoftheshires voiceoftheshires is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Heart of England
Posts: 490
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Dan Brown is a genius. There's no other word to describe him.
When you start reading one of his books, you just turn the pages, and cannot stop until you've got to the end. Absolutely brilliant.

What do people think?
Entertaining perhaps (As are minstrels) but genius, no, that devalues the word
__________________
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately... ...and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old Mar 17th 2014, 09:32 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoftheshires View Post
Entertaining perhaps (As are minstrels) but genius, no, that devalues the word
Have you read any of his books?
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old Mar 17th 2014, 02:40 PM
voiceoftheshires voiceoftheshires is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Heart of England
Posts: 490
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Have you read any of his books?
I have not heard every Justin Beiber record
__________________
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately... ...and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old Mar 17th 2014, 04:34 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Have you read any of his books?
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoftheshires View Post
I have not heard every Justin Beiber record
I said 'any' not 'every'.
So you haven't read any of his books, and you're judging his output. For the love of Mike!!!!!!!

It is totally and utterly ridiculous to judge a writer before you've read any of his books, that goes for Dan Brown as much as it does for any other writer, despite the fact that you've probably heard other people judge him (negatively) without reading his books.
__________________
Europe

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Mar 17th 2014 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old Mar 17th 2014, 05:27 PM
voiceoftheshires voiceoftheshires is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Heart of England
Posts: 490
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I said 'any' not 'every'.
So you haven't read any of his books, and you're judging his output. For the love of Mike!!!!!!!

It is totally and utterly ridiculous to judge a writer before you've read any of his books, that goes for Dan Brown as much as it does for any other writer, despite the fact that you've probably heard other people judge him (negatively) without reading his books.
I was allowing for the possibility that I had unwittingly heard a Justin track

Not really, I am familiar to the plot line of at least one and it seems rather trite and shallow
__________________
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately... ...and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old Mar 17th 2014, 05:38 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoftheshires View Post
I was allowing for the possibility that I had unwittingly heard a Justin track

Not really, I am familiar to the plot line of at least one and it seems rather trite and shallow
Please don't tell me you've seen one of the films, and are judging a book by its film.

Either way, you haven't read one of his books, and have made an assessment of him. Utterly ridiculous, in my opinion.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com