Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Arts & Literature

Arts & Literature Book Reviews, Fiction, Literary Criticism, Poetry, Stage and Visual Arts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 27th 2011, 12:23 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Dan Brown

Dan Brown is a genius. There's no other word to describe him.
When you start reading one of his books, you just turn the pages, and cannot stop until you've got to the end. Absolutely brilliant.

What do people think?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 27th 2011, 12:33 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Dan Brown is a genius. There's no other word to describe him.
When you start reading one of his books, you just turn the pages, and cannot stop until you've got to the end. Absolutely brilliant.

What do people think?
Are you fucking kidding me? Dan Brown is a goddawful, inane, petty sensationalist idiot. He has written exactly one book, then put a bunch of different, stupid faces on it.

The only "genius" is how he has been able to pull voyeuristic suckers into believing that his crap-trap pseudo-literature is even remotely based in anything relevant.


Fuck that guy.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 27th 2011, 12:37 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

Are you sure you're not just jealous of his big fat wallet?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 27th 2011, 12:45 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Are you sure you're not just jealous of his big fat wallet?
Yeah. I'm sure. His books are complete gopher shit.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 27th 2011, 12:55 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

I disagree.
What would you have said 10 years ago, if someone had told you that around the world Leonardo da Vinci's paintings would be discussed by Joe Bloggs's around the world?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 27th 2011, 12:57 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I disagree.
What would you have said 10 years ago, if someone had told you that around the world Leonardo da Vinci's paintings would be discussed by Joe Bloggs's around the world?
I don't care. Dan Brown is a fountain of ignorance, at which idiots happily lap up inanity.

And he's a bad writer.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 27th 2011, 01:04 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

Bad writer??? What does that mean? He doesn't make spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, to the best of my knowledge.

And people understand him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that is all the good writing we need. What do you expect when it comes to good writing???
And he certainly isn't ignorant. He knew about CERN (Centre Européen de la Recherce Nucléaire) and its role in the development of the world wide web. Most European readers were astounded when they read Angels and Demons and found out about this.

And that's only one example of the many facts that I have garnered from reading his books.

Don't underestimate someone, just because the public have taken him to their bosom.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 27th 2011, 01:11 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Bad writer??? What does that mean? He doesn't make spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, to the best of my knowledge.
Yes, he does.

It's been years since I've read Angels and Demons, but I remember vividly where he refers to the Assassin as "deceptively agile."

What he meant is that he was deceptively large, and despite his size he was agile.

But his grammatical errors are the least of his problems when it comes to his prose being total shit.
Quote:
And people understand him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that is all the good writing we need. What do you expect when it comes to good writing???
And he certainly isn't ignorant. He knew about CERN (Centre Européen de la Recherce Nucléaire) and its role in the development of the world wide web. Most European readers were astounded when they read Angels and Demons and found out about this.

And that's only one example of the many facts that I have garnered from reading his books.

Don't underestimate someone, just because the public have taken him to their bosom.
So he can google and put stuff in a book? Woooow.

The entire basis of his notoriety is cloaking fiction as fact within fiction. It's an inane bait-and-switch and incredibly cheap sensationalism.

You can like him all you want, that's fine. But you will never, ever convince me that it is anything other than trashy, retread, crap.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 27th 2011, 01:17 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,068
Default Re: Dan Brown

Okay We can agree to disagree But I cannot for the life of me fathom how you can be so disdainful of one of the greatest geniuses who ever lived, and, in fact, helped restore your country's reputation, after George Bush's nice-but-dim stewardship.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 27th 2011, 01:36 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Okay We can agree to disagree But I cannot for the life of me fathom how you can be so disdainful of one of the greatest geniuses who ever lived, and, in fact, helped restore your country's reputation, after George Bush's nice-but-dim stewardship.


God help us all.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com