Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Arts & Literature

Arts & Literature Book Reviews, Fiction, Literary Criticism, Poetry, Stage and Visual Arts.

Old May 27th 2011, 12:23 PM
Globetrotter

Default Dan Brown

Dan Brown is a genius. There's no other word to describe him.
When you start reading one of his books, you just turn the pages, and cannot stop until you've got to the end. Absolutely brilliant.

What do people think?
Old May 27th 2011, 12:33 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Default Re: Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Dan Brown is a genius. There's no other word to describe him.
When you start reading one of his books, you just turn the pages, and cannot stop until you've got to the end. Absolutely brilliant.

What do people think?
Are you fucking kidding me? Dan Brown is a goddawful, inane, petty sensationalist idiot. He has written exactly one book, then put a bunch of different, stupid faces on it.

The only "genius" is how he has been able to pull voyeuristic suckers into believing that his crap-trap pseudo-literature is even remotely based in anything relevant.

Fuck that guy.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:37 PM
Globetrotter

Are you sure you're not just jealous of his big fat wallet?
Old May 27th 2011, 12:45 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Are you sure you're not just jealous of his big fat wallet?
Yeah. I'm sure. His books are complete gopher shit.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:55 PM
Globetrotter

I disagree.
What would you have said 10 years ago, if someone had told you that around the world Leonardo da Vinci's paintings would be discussed by Joe Bloggs's around the world?
Old May 27th 2011, 12:57 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
I disagree.
What would you have said 10 years ago, if someone had told you that around the world Leonardo da Vinci's paintings would be discussed by Joe Bloggs's around the world?
I don't care. Dan Brown is a fountain of ignorance, at which idiots happily lap up inanity.

And he's a bad writer.
Old May 27th 2011, 01:04 PM
Globetrotter

Bad writer??? What does that mean? He doesn't make spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, to the best of my knowledge.

And people understand him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that is all the good writing we need. What do you expect when it comes to good writing???
And he certainly isn't ignorant. He knew about CERN (Centre Européen de la Recherce Nucléaire) and its role in the development of the world wide web. Most European readers were astounded when they read Angels and Demons and found out about this.

And that's only one example of the many facts that I have garnered from reading his books.

Don't underestimate someone, just because the public have taken him to their bosom.
Old May 27th 2011, 01:11 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Bad writer??? What does that mean? He doesn't make spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, to the best of my knowledge.
Yes, he does.

It's been years since I've read Angels and Demons, but I remember vividly where he refers to the Assassin as "deceptively agile."

What he meant is that he was deceptively large, and despite his size he was agile.

But his grammatical errors are the least of his problems when it comes to his prose being total shit.
Quote:
And people understand him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that is all the good writing we need. What do you expect when it comes to good writing???
And he certainly isn't ignorant. He knew about CERN (Centre Européen de la Recherce Nucléaire) and its role in the development of the world wide web. Most European readers were astounded when they read Angels and Demons and found out about this.

And that's only one example of the many facts that I have garnered from reading his books.

Don't underestimate someone, just because the public have taken him to their bosom.
So he can google and put stuff in a book? Woooow.

The entire basis of his notoriety is cloaking fiction as fact within fiction. It's an inane bait-and-switch and incredibly cheap sensationalism.

You can like him all you want, that's fine. But you will never, ever convince me that it is anything other than trashy, retread, crap.
Old May 27th 2011, 01:17 PM
Globetrotter

Okay We can agree to disagree But I cannot for the life of me fathom how you can be so disdainful of one of the greatest geniuses who ever lived, and, in fact, helped restore your country's reputation, after George Bush's nice-but-dim stewardship.
Old May 27th 2011, 01:36 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Okay We can agree to disagree But I cannot for the life of me fathom how you can be so disdainful of one of the greatest geniuses who ever lived, and, in fact, helped restore your country's reputation, after George Bush's nice-but-dim stewardship.

God help us all.