Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Chat Zone

Chat Zone This is for relaxing, chit chat, informal discussions or oddball topics - or anything that doesn't belong somewhere else - jokes, funny stories, interesting links or any topic you want to talk about.

Old Oct 18th 2016, 11:30 AM
Official Forum Mascot

Default Re: Random post VII: the randomness awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Sweet! How much are baseball playoff tickets in Cleveland?

Anyway, Indians lead 2-0, I'm not taking any bet on that without some serious odds!
You've heard of the spitball, but have you ever heard of the blood ball?

Looks like we might ice Toronto this evening.

The tickets we got were about $100USD. The cheapest were standing room area at 68 or so, I think.

I imagine the World Series cost will be pretty extreme.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 11:30 AM
Globetrotter

Big day for Stellaris today. Both the 1.3 Heinlein patch (which is huge; the changelog alone is 16 pages) and the Leviathans DLC have been released. An objective critic though would say that most of what is in the patch should have been in the initial release. And she'd be right. I've been playing it quite a bit lately but entirely without using sectors. Let's see if they're no longer a nuisance and have become a feature.
Without even having played it I already know that the DLC is great. More creatures, more factions, more stories, more quests, etc. That's what I consider the core of the fun of the game. Killin'n'conquering' one can do in hundreds of games while the aforementioned aspect is pretty much unique. That is to say, as far as I know, because I don't actually play many different games.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 03:03 PM
Resident Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Big day for Stellaris today. Both the 1.3 Heinlein patch (which is huge; the changelog alone is 16 pages) and the Leviathans DLC have been released. An objective critic though would say that most of what is in the patch should have been in the initial release. And she'd be right. I've been playing it quite a bit lately but entirely without using sectors. Let's see if they're no longer a nuisance and have become a feature.
Without even having played it I already know that the DLC is great. More creatures, more factions, more stories, more quests, etc. That's what I consider the core of the fun of the game. Killin'n'conquering' one can do in hundreds of games while the aforementioned aspect is pretty much unique. That is to say, as far as I know, because I don't actually play many different games.
It does look more promising now. If I thought my little computer could handle it, I'd be interested in giving it a try.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 05:55 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Yes, another review or two like this one and I'll buy it. I never jump in until the game is stable. I'm not into paying for the privilege of being a beta-tester.
Old Oct 21st 2016, 10:09 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Yes, another review or two like this one and I'll buy it. I never jump in until the game is stable. I'm not into paying for the privilege of being a beta-tester.
Indeed and another thing which is shifted to the end-user/consumer is documentation. 'Win prizes now when you complete the game's Wiki'. Erm, no, you guys make a freaking manual already. Someone who didn't read the developer diaries and -much worse- watched every Thursday's stream on Twitch and got the game today probably wouldn't have a clue what to do or how to play as much has changed and a lot of what is on forums and such is now obsolete. Apart from a good but simple tutorial it's not in the game itself.
Old Nov 19th 2016, 06:58 PM
Resident Historian

Upgraded phones today for the first time in about five years. Moving from an iPhone 4s to an SE.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 08:54 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
Upgraded phones today for the first time in about five years. Moving from an iPhone 4s to an SE.
I'm way... behind you.

Shit's indestructible.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 08:56 PM
Globetrotter

Well, didn't see that one coming. Not Sarkozy (expected), not Juppé (not expected) but François Fillon won the first phase of the primaries for the presidential candidate for the UMP in France. I don't know much about the guy. Sucre?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 07:56 AM
Resident Historian

Quote:
I'm way... behind you.

Shit's indestructible.
I had something like that up until we had our first kid. Then we suddenly needed to have a decent quality camera on hand at all times.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 06:51 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
I had something like that up until we had our first kid. Then we suddenly needed to have a decent quality camera on hand at all times.
Ah yes, taking baby's first picture, 10 photos for baby's first step, another 10 photos for baby's first mess, 50 photos for baby's first xmas, etc.

As the rule goes, there are approximately 88,000 pictures of my oldest sister from her first two years of life and another 88,000 pictures documenting her from age 2 to around 10.

There are approximately a few hundred pictures of my 2nd sister. There are approximately a dozen family pictures of me from birth to age 18 (3rd child).

This is a VERY common phenomena. I know some 3rd/4th children and there are absolutely zero photos of them at all growing up.