Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Chat Zone

Chat Zone This is for relaxing, chit chat, informal discussions or oddball topics - or anything that doesn't belong somewhere else - jokes, funny stories, interesting links or any topic you want to talk about.

Old Jan 28th 2018, 03:31 AM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Default Please Post Something

Hey Michael,

I wish that you and others would post more news here from Canada, the US, Russia, wherever, even if it is just a word or two and a link.

It's nicer to visit this site and see that the most recent post isn't mine, and I'm sure that others feel that way, too.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 07:04 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Default Re: Please Pos Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Hey Michael,

I wish that you and others would post more news here from Canada, the US, Russia, wherever, even if it is just a word or two and a link.

It's nicer to visit this site and see that the most recent post isn't mine, and I'm sure that others feel that way, too.
Yes I certainly agree. But I suppose the whole Trump thing is so depressing. I read news and blogs and it is all 100% Trump Horror Stories all the time. My long time interest in politics, after knowing that the American people actually elected this guy, seems to be draining away. Why seek good policy solutions to practical political problems when politics is dominated by people like Trump and his Republican party supporters? Or look at Britain - the political dysfunction over there over Brexit is unbelievable. And European politics is really boring because all they do is just pretend everything is normal and ignore all of their long standing problems, year after year, decade after decade, and nothing ever changes - they just re-shuffle the coalitions and keep playing the same game.

And the massive and on-going effort by American right-wingers to rat-fuck the Mueller probe into Russian's rat-fucking of the American electoral process is just too depressing to watch or comment about. The rat-fuckers are winning and the American mass media will enable them and support them all the way. And I definitely include Glen Greenwald and Julian Assange as major players in this game.

In other words, politics is just too depressing to read about and too comically absurd to discuss. Every serious issue I care about is being ignored and/or getting much worse - by willful political malice.

As I have posted recently in another thread, the only interesting political issue in Canada these days is the upcoming pot legalization which is due on July 1st of this year, of which there seems to be pretty much ZERO political opposition. What can I say about that issue? No one has commented in that thread.

I suppose we have a few typical political scandals going on in Canada, but nothing interesting. The Ontario Conservative party (sitting in opposition) had their leader resign, now having a leadership race and the top-dog favorite just had to bow-out due to various sex scandals coming to light. Now Doug Ford (brother of the infamous Toronto ex-Mayor Rob Ford) has thrown in his hat - so that race is a bit more interesting now I suppose.