Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Chat Zone

Chat Zone This is for relaxing, chit chat, informal discussions or oddball topics - or anything that doesn't belong somewhere else - jokes, funny stories, interesting links or any topic you want to talk about.

Closed Thread

Old Jun 23rd 2012, 08:25 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Random Post - Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
I didn't realize the link changes daily. I was offering the strip from June 21.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 05:24 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Should be politically lively this week... SCOTUS is due to hand down their decision on the Obamacare legal challenge. I'd expect fireworks no matter which way the decision goes.

All I can say is that I sincerely hope SCOTUS doesn't embarrass themselves by going with a blatantly political ruling (as they often have done in the last ten years).

That decision better be legally and constitutionally bullet-proof or what little respect I have left for that instutition (which isn't much after so many recent and bad decisions) will be gone entirely.

I would like to be able to say that this isn't the worst SCOTUS in US history, but I'm just not sure one can actually make that argument. This present court looks like it would repeat the infamous Dred Scott ruling without even blinking.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 12:14 PM
Globetrotter

Record heat in the East and Midwest coupled with windstorms knocking out electrical power has caused two governors to declare a state of emergency in their states. Why? No electricity means no air conditioning or TV and that really upsets fat US voters.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 01:03 PM
Official Forum Geek

Quote:
Record heat in the East and Midwest coupled with windstorms knocking out electrical power has caused two governors to declare a state of emergency in their states. Why? No electricity means no air conditioning or TV and that really upsets fat US voters.
I can live without TV. A lack of air conditioning is barbaric.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 01:22 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtrips View Post
I can live without TV. A lack of air conditioning is barbaric.
I'm chilling in the AC right now, not caring about the electricity bill to come at the end of the month.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 01:58 PM
Bad Motherfucker

Quote:
No AC could kill someone here in Kentucky today. Not joking...old folks die here every year when the temps reach these heights. Are buildings are built to sustain temps, basically creating ovens when the air's off.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 07:09 PM
This wine needs more whisky

It's still 102 degrees this time of day. Walmart was giving out free water to people walking in the doors
Old Jun 30th 2012, 07:50 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Guy View Post
No AC could kill someone here in Kentucky today. Not joking...old folks die here every year when the temps reach these heights. Are buildings are built to sustain temps, basically creating ovens when the air's off.
Makes sense. That's one reason screened porches were the norm before AC became common. I remember an aunt who told me stories of growing up in an Arizona desert (now Phoenix) where they slept on the porch with wet sheets over them to stay cool.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 07:54 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Girl View Post
It's still 102 degrees this time of day. Walmart was giving out free water to people walking in the doors
Should deter any potential nuisance lawsuits for dehydration claims in the store.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 07:56 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
I'm chilling in the AC right now, not caring about the electricity bill to come at the end of the month.
That's going to be an interesting cost in a few decades.