Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Chat Zone

Chat Zone This is for relaxing, chit chat, informal discussions or oddball topics - or anything that doesn't belong somewhere else - jokes, funny stories, interesting links or any topic you want to talk about.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old Jan 15th 2014, 08:30 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: More Weather

28F. Too cold to run without gloves on, which I just found out.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old Jan 17th 2014, 02:29 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: More Weather

You guys:



Us guys:



Legend:



Yurp's the place to be for the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old Jan 17th 2014, 03:24 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: More Weather

Looks like another vortex is headed our way.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old Jan 17th 2014, 03:30 PM
pramjockey's Avatar
pramjockey pramjockey is offline
World Citizen
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: More Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Looks like another vortex is headed our way.
Awesome!

I'd been hoping for a cold, snowy winter. Looks like nature just missed by a thousand miles or so...
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 07:44 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: More Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramjockey View Post
Awesome!

I'd been hoping for a cold, snowy winter. Looks like nature just missed by a thousand miles or so...
You should be here. We got hit with cold weather and snow around the middle of December and it hasn't let up since.

This is the first time in a dozen years at least since I've seen snow stay on the ground in Toronto for 4 or 5 weeks straight. No end in sight either... temperatures are low and staying low.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 09:28 PM
pramjockey's Avatar
pramjockey pramjockey is offline
World Citizen
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: More Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
You should be here. We got hit with cold weather and snow around the middle of December and it hasn't let up since.

This is the first time in a dozen years at least since I've seen snow stay on the ground in Toronto for 4 or 5 weeks straight. No end in sight either... temperatures are low and staying low.
I've actually considered a move to Canada. My wife's awesome job precludes such a thing for now, but it's never off the table.

Got a couple of inches yesterday; supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, and a bit on Monday. Works for me!
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old Jan 24th 2014, 10:27 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: More Weather

Still no real winter here. Today was rather spring-y again. But mostly it's autumn weather (grey + rain).
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old Jan 27th 2014, 03:03 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: More Weather

http://www.dogeweather.com/
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old Jan 27th 2014, 07:43 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: More Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramjockey View Post
I've actually considered a move to Canada. My wife's awesome job precludes such a thing for now, but it's never off the table.

Got a couple of inches yesterday; supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, and a bit on Monday. Works for me!
Well, it is still freakin' winter here. Blowing snow and -12C/10F temperatures (plus wind-chill factor).

Anyway, Canada is a big place - do you have your sites set on any particular part? Given your present residence in Colorado, I'd be guessing Alberta or BC for the mountains and the 'outdoors' lifestyle.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old Jan 29th 2014, 09:24 PM
pramjockey's Avatar
pramjockey pramjockey is offline
World Citizen
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: More Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Well, it is still freakin' winter here. Blowing snow and -12C/10F temperatures (plus wind-chill factor).

Anyway, Canada is a big place - do you have your sites set on any particular part? Given your present residence in Colorado, I'd be guessing Alberta or BC for the mountains and the 'outdoors' lifestyle.
Exactly. BC has an appeal, plus there's the ocean's availability on top of it all. But, I've seen so very little of Canada that it's hard to really say. I'd love to see Newfoundland and Nova Scotia as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com