Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > War and Conflict

War and Conflict UN, NATO, Iraq, Afghanistan, War on Terror, Israel & Palestine, and all international political conflicts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 01:19 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
PS; I've read the article and nowhere does it report Russia having paid already. Are you sure about that, YouYourselfAndYou?
http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article...41224?irpc=932
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 01:19 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Well, that is the difference between us Russians and your Western countries, we fight alone, face our enemies one on one. We do not gang up on anybody, because we see it as cowardly. It is our culture, one on one fist fighting has been the way for men here to resolve differences since the ancient times. Even the Battle of Kulikovo, where our ancestors broke out of the Mongol empire, was to be determined by a one on one showdown between our warrior monk Peresvet and their champion, a Tatar warrior, Chelated

Did not work, they were so evenly matched, ended up killing each other at the same time and the battle still had to be fought But point is, that is our way. Those who violate the one on one rule are despised and usually are subject to violent retribution.
I find this post ridiculous - Russia has about three times as many people as Ukraine, and many many many times Georgia's population, and you support Putin's actions and call other governments cowardly. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Thank you.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Jan 2nd 2015 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 01:29 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I find this post ridiculous - Russia has about three times as many people as Ukraine, and many many many times Georgia's population, and you support Putin's actions and call other governments cowardly. Amazing.

[url="http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN0K20KX20141224?irpc=932"]Thank you.
We fought Georgia on even terms: 10,000 of our men vs. 10,000 theirs.

As for Ukraine, again, we are not officially at war with them, but even believing their propaganda about 5,000 Russian troops in Donbass, they cite a total of 20,000 enemy combatants (regular Russian troops, volunteer fighters and mercenaries and separatist militia) vs. 60,000 Ukrainian military and volunteers. So, you were saying?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 01:33 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
We fought Georgia on even terms: 10,000 of our men vs. 10,000 theirs.

As for Ukraine, again, we are not officially at war with them, but even believing their propaganda about 5,000 Russian troops in Donbass, they cite a total of 20,000 enemy combatants (regular Russian troops, volunteer fighters and mercenaries and separatist militia) vs. 60,000 Ukrainian military and volunteers. So, you were saying?
Mathematically that's nonsense.


For the following reasons it's still cowardly;
-if you have 100 people the 5 best fighters will be in all likelihood be better than the 5 best fighters of 15 people. (that is why large nations win more sports trophies than small nations).
-you don't mention equipment - if you have 100 people they will, in all likelihood, be able to pay for, or manufacture, more effective weapons than the 15 people.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Jan 2nd 2015 at 01:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 02:23 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Mathematically that's nonsense.


For the following reasons it's still cowardly;
-if you have 100 people the 5 best fighters will be in all likelihood be better than the 5 best fighters of 15 people. (that is why large nations win more sports trophies than small nations).
-you don't mention equipment - if you have 100 people they will, in all likelihood, be able to pay for, or manufacture, more effective weapons than the 15 people.
Equipment in Georgia war was pretty much same for both sides: old Soviet tanks and APCs.

Russian



Georgian



Their APCs actually were, many of them, more modern than ours



We did not send our best equipment into that war, Nick, nor superior numbers of soldiers, that is why it was even, as I say.

Quality of fighters, I will give you. But then again, if you closely examined Russia and Georgia, you would find that the average Georgian is far more athletic and physically fit these days than the average Russian: we have too many lazy urban youth, either fat and overweight or skinny and weak, dryshi as we call those Georgians all play football, wrestle, box. They get into sports early on in their lives, it is encouraged over there, it is Caucasus.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 02:29 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Quality of fighters, I will give you. But then again, if you closely examined Russia and Georgia, you would find that the average Georgian is far more athletic and physically fit these days than the average Russian: we have too many lazy urban youth, either fat and overweight or skinny and weak, dryshi as we call those Georgians all play football, wrestle, box. They get into sports early on in their lives, it is encouraged over there, it is Caucasus.
So the only reason for Russia having better soldiers is because Russia has many many many times more people than Georgia does. That's why a supporter of Putin's actions can't preech to any nations about their governments' bullying through ganging up.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 05:33 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
So the only reason for Russia having better soldiers is because Russia has many many many times more people than Georgia does. That's why a supporter of Putin's actions can't preech to any nations about their governments' bullying through ganging up.
You do not need to repost my quote all over the forum, bringing up all kinds of old threads. I know you enjoy it, but that is spamming and unnecessary.

And I agree, it is a problem, especially among the urbans, as I said. A Russian man is not supposed to look like this


In Russia, the bogatyr was always valued, the man of physical prowess, from ancient warrior Ilya of Murom

Russia's Hercules, whose legends have him smashing whole Tatar-Mongol armies by himself and defeating multiheaded dragon Zmei Gorynych by chopping off his heads, one at a time; to Ivan Poddubny

the greatest wrestler and strongman of the early 20th century, who battled some of the strongest men in the world of that time and yet retired undefeated. Even the Bolshevik Cheap could not break him. They tortured him for days, to get him to publicly praise their ideology. Nothing. Gave up and let him go eventually. That was a real man...

We take pride in this, and that is why it is always very sad for us to see boys like in the photo above.

There are now volunteer groups, like "Sober Courtyards", made up of sportsmen, weightlifters, wrestlers, etc, big, strong, muscular, imposing guys, who patrol their neighborhood and seek out youths who sit around drinking beer all day


They try to get the young men to change, put the bottle away and go work out at the gym instead. It can be quite rough, forceful putdowns can be the only way to get through to them, sometimes the volunteers outright bully the lad

"Look at yourself, you are a disgrace to your parents, you are a disgrace to Russia, pathetic little drysh sitting here sucking that bottle... No woman will ever want you, and no real man will offer you his hand. You are nothing, you are garbage, that is all you are. You want to change? Want to become a man? Join us, come to our club, we will teach you how to be a man."

Nasty, but works, apparently. In Chelyabinsk, Siberia, where this started a year ago, youth alcoholism declined 20%, while number of boys spending time at exercise rooms and gyms went up almost by hundred percent, nearly twice as much as before! So, we are improving, Russia is on her way back to what she used to be


I am optimistic
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 07:20 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: No honor in France

Putin can stop trashing his pram. He'll get his toys eventually. The interests of the weapon industry, any weapon industry, have always and will always outrank silly considerations such as humanitarianism, human rights, democracy and the like. As soon as it's politically convenient for Hollande the toys will be delivered sans patati, patata. He'll probably throw in a few extra gimmicks (maybe a few choppers or so) for the inconvenience.
So Russia need only wait until the cameras of the media circus point to the next crisis which will be soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 03:15 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: No honor in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Putin can stop trashing his pram. He'll get his toys eventually. The interests of the weapon industry, any weapon industry, have always and will always outrank silly considerations such as humanitarianism, human rights, democracy and the like. As soon as it's politically convenient for Hollande the toys will be delivered sans patati, patata. He'll probably throw in a few extra gimmicks (maybe a few choppers or so) for the inconvenience.
So Russia need only wait until the cameras of the media circus point to the next crisis which will be soon enough.
Okay, thanks, let us hope so
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Aug 6th 2015, 01:49 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: No honor in France

Well, that turned out differently. Apparently France and Russia have amicably agreed to cancel the sale altogether. Amicably no doubt means a big wad of money has gone from France to Russia on top of the restitution of already implemented Russian hard- and software from the ships and compensation for the now useless training of Russian marines and other investments. No problem for the French government coffers though; just throw a hundred thousand people off unemployment benefits for concocted reasons as one does these days and the deficit is recuperated.
Meanwhile:
For sale; as good as new Mistral ships, big discount. Only serious candidates apply please (read: Iraq is not an option this time).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com