Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > U.S. Politics

U.S. Politics Congress, elections, government and discussion of all US political issues.

Closed Thread

Old Dec 9th 2016, 07:39 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Default Re: The Trump Regime

Anyone notice how Hillary's paid speeches to Goldman Sach a couple of years ago somehow amounted to corruption writ large and proved that Hillary was in the pocket of Wall Street, but Trump has now appointed no less than 4 Goldman Sach execs to high level administration positions and not a peep from the media or the hordes who freaked out about Hillary's speeches.

Funny how this game works isn't it?
Old Dec 10th 2016, 04:11 PM
Globetrotter

Scott Pruitt....

Lel.....

This has to be the most absurd cabinet in the history of mankind. And I include the dude that made a horse Consul.
Old Dec 10th 2016, 05:23 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Scott Pruitt....

Lel.....

This has to be the most absurd cabinet in the history of mankind. And I include the dude that made a horse Consul.
It's as though he looks at the resumes and then chooses whoever is the worst possible choice.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 06:41 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Scott Pruitt....

Lel.....

I still think Flynn is the most horrific/scary choice yet. The others are just the same old case of 'putting the fox to guard the hen house' game the Republicans have been playing for years. Maybe a wee bit more radical, but pretty much the same type of appointee the Republicans consider routine.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 11:01 PM
This wine needs more whisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucre View Post
What does she care about then?

When does something af-fect her ..?

Seriously ...
She was disheartened with this being her first opportunity to vote. However, she hasn't had much to worry about other than school and boys. I wouldn't dare tell her, but she has a tinge of white privilege. (We both can absolutely agree on the tones of misogyny experienced between us and our brother, but that's another story, no?) The few injustices I have experienced as a minority upset her, but not quite enough. I think sometimes it's the generation, but it's still frustrating as fuck.

We had lunch yesterday and he-who-shall-not-be-named was brought up. It was as I thought and you had mentioned. Nothing has affected her. Yet!

I told her that sometInes when waiting for something to affect you personally, it's too late.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 03:16 AM
Globetrotter

If I had been more familiar with Trump, I'd never had predicted his victory. Every time one of his what-does-one-even-call-them Tweets is mentioned in the news I'm genuinely wondering whether this is real life, or is this fantasy. And yet, no one really points out that the emperor has no clothes. If it even would make a difference. Mankind is really, really, really, really stupid.
Extinction might be not such a bad idea for this species. Nope, not kidding.
Old Jan 8th 2017, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
If I had been more familiar with Trump, I'd never had predicted his victory. Every time one of his what-does-one-even-call-them Tweets is mentioned in the news I'm genuinely wondering whether this is real life, or is this fantasy. And yet, no one really points out that the emperor has no clothes. If it even would make a difference. Mankind is really, really, really, really stupid.
It all seems so surreal or unreal.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 01:39 PM
Citizen

Quote:
So true ...

I have also been wondering lately: can he be true? Is this hapenning? And he still has supporters?

American people, stand up!!!

I am still hoping that the "one-hundred-day" probe and that major Republicans turn away from him.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 01:08 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
So true ...

I have also been wondering lately: can he be true? Is this hapenning? And he still has supporters?

The American people have stood up already. They elected Trump. And they stand by him no matter what. 'The people' is the problem'. Alas

Note that the fact that 'the people' is actually a minority of the people doesn't matter. The system allows for minorities taking power. It's the same with Brexit actually. There too Cameron was elected by a numerical minority. Doesn't matter when the system is designed such that this can and does happen.

Quote:
I am still hoping that the "one-hundred-day" probe and that major Republicans turn away from him.
Yes, the latter is pretty much the only way out of this quagmire. If there's a GOP leader with integrity, who actually cares about the values they proclaim, it's high time for him or her to make a stand and say that 'under no circumstances can this man become President of the United States, even for just an hour', no matter what the short term damage is to the institutions.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 09:46 PM
This wine needs more whisky

Quote:
So true ...

There's so many folks that listen to what the crazies tell them. Like the guy who was dissing Obamacare and didn't realize that the ACA, which he had, was the same thing.