Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Welcome & Introductions

Welcome & Introductions A place to introduce yourself and to find help with using forum features!

Old Oct 24th 2008, 08:52 AM
World Citizen

Default Re: Who Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helene View Post
Hello... I'm Helene. Some of you might know me. I'm Dutch.

Politically I am pragmatic. I suppose that comes out as leftist libertarian most of the time. I'm all for personal responsibility, but without the "screw you" attitude that so often accompanies it.

Between relationship, work, child and social life, I don't have an awful lot of time, but hopefully I'll be able to stop by frequently enough.
It's been a really long time.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:53 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Hello... I'm Helene. Some of you might know me. I'm Dutch
Ja, we kennen je nog.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:32 PM
Official Forum Geek

Quote:
Hello... I'm Helene. Some of you might know me. I'm Dutch.

Politically I am pragmatic. I suppose that comes out as leftist libertarian most of the time. I'm all for personal responsibility, but without the "screw you" attitude that so often accompanies it.

Between relationship, work, child and social life, I don't have an awful lot of time, but hopefully I'll be able to stop by frequently enough.
Hey stranger!

Good to see you back around
Old Oct 24th 2008, 01:02 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Well I should like to offer a "hale and hearty" welcome to all of our new (and/or returning) members - not just the ever beautiful and long-lost Helene.

Note to Tech Admin: We need bowing smilie!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 01:53 PM
Globetrotter

Yes, boss
All Helene
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:27 PM
Citizen

I'm mostly the same as I was before. What that makes me, I'm not sure. I'll probably be on this forum more often than my post count indicates. I'd like to post more, but that damn writer's block just won't go away.

Edit - Actually, I noticed that my "user title" of nomad is probably a better description of myself than what I wrote above. Perhaps factotum is the word I'm looking for.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 02:25 AM
Villager

Thank you thank you for the welcome . It's good to see you guys.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:38 AM
Citizen

21-year-old Norwegian, studying molecular biology at the University of Bergen.

Trying to remember to log in more frequently, but I tend to get occupied looking at weird stuff rather than learning something when on-line.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 04:33 PM
Villager

Hi, folks. I didn't really introduce myself last time, so here's a bit of background. My name's Amanda and I was named after a horrible country song.

I'm your local way-too-old college student/crabby and impatient bartender. I love metal and muscle cars, and hate children and Alex Trebek. I've been a vegetarian since I was 11, and I draw horrifying things in my spare time. I'm going to major in English and hopefully do something with literary criticism. There's nothing in the world I love more than a good book, and probably nothing more blaspemous in my mind than a bad one. I only pick a flower if there's another one of the same kind right next to it. About once every three months I look in the mirror and say, "You're boring." I then dye my hair some outrageous color and make anyone who has a vested interest in me cry. I never wear matching socks, but I always wear matching shoes. There are two flavors of Jelly Bellies I will never eat, and betcha you already know one of them is Buttered Popocorn. I am horrible to watch movies with. I make gagging sounds duing sappy scenes and squeal with glee at inappropriate moments.
Most importantly, I love to learn!! If I ever ask any questions of anyone, have no doubt that's my motive--never sarcasm or disrespect. I just always want to know more, about people, about history, about the way the world works.....In fact, I want to know everything that I can possibly fit in my head. I want to die from swelling of the brain. Woah....macabre. Here : With everything, balance.....
Old Nov 1st 2008, 02:46 AM
Villager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Hi, folks. I didn't really introduce myself last time, so here's a bit of background. My name's Amanda and I was named after a horrible country song.

I'm your local way-too-old college student/crabby and impatient bartender. I love metal and muscle cars, and hate children and Alex Trebek. I've been a vegetarian since I was 11, and I draw horrifying things in my spare time. I'm going to major in English and hopefully do something with literary criticism. There's nothing in the world I love more than a good book, and probably nothing more blaspemous in my mind than a bad one. I only pick a flower if there's another one of the same kind right next to it. About once every three months I look in the mirror and say, "You're boring." I then dye my hair some outrageous color and make anyone who has a vested interest in me cry. I never wear matching socks, but I always wear matching shoes. There are two flavors of Jelly Bellies I will never eat, and betcha you already know one of them is Buttered Popocorn. I am horrible to watch movies with. I make gagging sounds duing sappy scenes and squeal with glee at inappropriate moments.
Most importantly, I love to learn!! If I ever ask any questions of anyone, have no doubt that's my motive--never sarcasm or disrespect. I just always want to know more, about people, about history, about the way the world works.....In fact, I want to know everything that I can possibly fit in my head. I want to die from swelling of the brain. Woah....macabre. Here : With everything, balance.....
I'd date you.