Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Welcome & Introductions

Welcome & Introductions A place to introduce yourself and to find help with using forum features!

Old Feb 20th 2015, 10:11 AM
Official Forum Lutheran

Default Re: Who Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoi View Post
A pity that nobody was interested in my second post, it would be a good food for mind.
oh trust me, we'll get there. I'm still mulling over a response.

Welcome
Old Feb 20th 2015, 11:08 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Hi, i'm Oleg, born and grow up in Russia.
Work as a system administrator, studing by specialization government and municipal management.
My interests are philosophy, Gestalt psychology, analytical psychology , politics, economics, mathematics etc.
At the present time i researching the issue of objective perception and objective knowledge of reality.
What about the political views they are indifferent, government structure must work effective regardless of the political system.
to the forum.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 03:07 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Hi, i'm Oleg, born and grow up in Russia.
Work as a system administrator, studing by specialization government and municipal management.
My interests are philosophy, Gestalt psychology, analytical psychology , politics, economics, mathematics etc.
At the present time i researching the issue of objective perception and objective knowledge of reality.
What about the political views they are indifferent, government structure must work effective regardless of the political system.
Hello Oleg
Do you think Russians would be better under communism? How has capitalism affected your people?
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:58 AM
Nomad

Greetings, I am HateLife and ironically I am American. Politically I guess you could say I am logical...I am fed up with my country's two party system. I know there are much better choices every single election and it's really sad we can't get someone who is willing to run on a platform and stick with it. I guess you could really say that I am young (20's) and am still unsure of a lot of things...but here are some things I do know:
  • I feel women should have the right to choose (Abortion)
  • I feel the Death Penalty is inevitable and should honestly be used more frequently in a lot of cases.
  • I feel Gay marriage is inevitable and we should all just embrace it as apart of normal marriage and life.
  • I am unsure if God really exists (although I grew up very religious)
  • I feel as if every citizen in the US should own at least 2-3 firearms and should take at least 1-2 courses on how to use them.
  • I am conflicted as I feel we should expand offshore drilling but increase environmental regulations to prevent Global Warming (yes I believe its real for the most part along with the Earth just going through a warming cycle...but why speed it up you know?)
  • The minimum wage should increase
  • Able-bodied, mentally capable adults who receive welfare should be required to work and should also be drug tested.
  • Marijuana and several other illegal substance should be made legal (or at least decriminalized) and there should be drug-free zones or something. The government should be making money hand over fist with legit businesses but refuses to do so in fear of public opinion
  • I no longer support Affirmative Action (although I feel as if there is still discrimination in a lot of towns in the United States) because at this point it is just an excuse. For the most part all US citizens are born into opportunity. Yes, I understand that a lot of people including minorities and non-minorities are born into impoverished situations or abusive situations...anyways point is that at this point "Women's Equal Rights" and "African-American's equal rights" are just that...equal...Yes, statistics may not show it yet, but they will in the next 20 years.
  • Obamacare is a joke...like for real, who allowed that to happen?
  • I believe we should have drones in the air 24/7 flying all over the world ensuring peace...they have successfully made drones that can stay up in the air for days and carry 17,000 megapixel cameras on them (I think)

If anyone can help me figure out where I fit in, that would be awesome!

On a more personal note, I do a lot of fishing, design websites, enjoy spending time with my girlfriend of a really long time (probably too long at this point honestly) and my dog

I grew up reading philosophy by 7th grade and got hooked into Plato, Karl Marx, Niccolo Machiavelli...I spent most of my high schools days either playing soccer or Lincoln-Douglas Debate. Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from this forum as I have just started a new website called HateLife.In
Old Mar 4th 2015, 06:46 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelife View Post
Greetings, I am HateLife and ironically I am American. Politically I guess you could say I am logical...I am fed up with my country's two party system. I know there are much better choices every single election and it's really sad we can't get someone who is willing to run on a platform and stick with it. I guess you could really say that I am young (20's) and am still unsure of a lot of things...but here are some things I do know:
  • I feel women should have the right to choose (Abortion)
  • I feel the Death Penalty is inevitable and should honestly be used more frequently in a lot of cases.
  • I feel Gay marriage is inevitable and we should all just embrace it as apart of normal marriage and life.
  • I am unsure if God really exists (although I grew up very religious)
  • I feel as if every citizen in the US should own at least 2-3 firearms and should take at least 1-2 courses on how to use them.
  • I am conflicted as I feel we should expand offshore drilling but increase environmental regulations to prevent Global Warming (yes I believe its real for the most part along with the Earth just going through a warming cycle...but why speed it up you know?)
  • The minimum wage should increase
  • Able-bodied, mentally capable adults who receive welfare should be required to work and should also be drug tested.
  • Marijuana and several other illegal substance should be made legal (or at least decriminalized) and there should be drug-free zones or something. The government should be making money hand over fist with legit businesses but refuses to do so in fear of public opinion
  • I no longer support Affirmative Action (although I feel as if there is still discrimination in a lot of towns in the United States) because at this point it is just an excuse. For the most part all US citizens are born into opportunity. Yes, I understand that a lot of people including minorities and non-minorities are born into impoverished situations or abusive situations...anyways point is that at this point "Women's Equal Rights" and "African-American's equal rights" are just that...equal...Yes, statistics may not show it yet, but they will in the next 20 years.
  • Obamacare is a joke...like for real, who allowed that to happen?
  • I believe we should have drones in the air 24/7 flying all over the world ensuring peace...they have successfully made drones that can stay up in the air for days and carry 17,000 megapixel cameras on them (I think)

If anyone can help me figure out where I fit in, that would be awesome!

On a more personal note, I do a lot of fishing, design websites, enjoy spending time with my girlfriend of a really long time (probably too long at this point honestly) and my dog

I grew up reading philosophy by 7th grade and got hooked into Plato, Karl Marx, Niccolo Machiavelli...I spent most of my high schools days either playing soccer or Lincoln-Douglas Debate. Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from this forum as I have just started a new website called HateLife.In
to the forum.

As for your political views, suffice it to say that they are rather diverse. You do have some libertarian-liberal elements there, but also some moderate reactionary/conservative ideas as well. I'd say that's a fairly common mix-mash!
Old Mar 8th 2015, 10:11 PM
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
to the forum.

As for your political views, suffice it to say that they are rather diverse. You do have some libertarian-liberal elements there, but also some moderate reactionary/conservative ideas as well. I'd say that's a fairly common mix-mash!
Well I appreciate that I think...Now if I could just find a candidate that is like minded to get behind.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 02:06 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Well I appreciate that I think...Now if I could just find a candidate that is like minded to get behind.
Looks like Rand Paul is your man (except for 'right to choose' an abortion). He fits your political views almost perfectly.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 10:30 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Even when it has been established that deterrence doesn't work, that there have been numerous cases of innocent people being fried, and that it's uncivilized?
To make the case for uncivilized here's a list of some countries which do this:
China
Saudi Arabia
Afghanistan
North Korea
Belarus
Iran
Iraq
Pakistan
Russia
Somalia
Yemen