Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Environment

Environment Climate Change, Pollution, Endangered Species, Industrial Agriculture, Degrading Habitats & Renewable Energy.

Old Jan 25th 2013, 10:48 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: homeland and harms street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Why is it that it seems that Shiite pilgrims are always being murdered in Iraq? Are they suspected of being agents of, or complicit, with Saudi Arabia, or the US, or what?
Shiites are the dominant Islamic sect in Iraq and Iran. Sunni are the dominant Saudi Arabian sect. The mess in Iraq created by the US (bosom buddy of Saudi Arabia and Israel, who hate Iran) is currently governed by Shiite. The Shiite pilgrims being murdered in Iraq are from Iran. Sunni loyalists and Al Qaeda in Iraq commit the pilgrim murders and frequent car bombings in protest of Shiite leadership.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 01:26 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
Shiites are the dominant Islamic sect in Iraq and Iran. Sunni are the dominant Saudi Arabian sect. The mess in Iraq created by the US (bosom buddy of Saudi Arabia and Israel, who hate Iran) is currently governed by Shiite. The Shiite pilgrims being murdered in Iraq are from Iran. Sunni loyalists and Al Qaeda in Iraq commit the pilgrim murders and frequent car bombings in protest of Shiite leadership.
some of those pilgrims are from lebanon. some are affiliated with hizballah. but you are right, it is a sunni shia fight for sectarian reasons.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 01:54 PM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Quote:
What you say and what Shekib82 says is about what I've gathered, but why pilgrims? Is it just that the murder of pilgrims catches my eye more than the bombing of Shiite Mosques?

This is part of the scorecard, as I understand it:

Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian leader, is of the Sunni sect.
Muqtada al-Sadr, popular Shiite leader from Iraq, is now in Iran, which is primarily Shiite
Iraq is 2/3 Shia and 1/3 Sunni
Saudi Arabia is over 90% Sunni
Al-Qaeda is primarily Sunni

The Muslim Brotherhood, including Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi tends to be Pan-Islamic with hostility to neither Sunnis nor Shia?
If accurate, is this the scariest thing to any element which would want to divide and conquer in the Mid-East. Could this relate to the killings of Shiite pilgrims, or is it just due to Sunni hostility? I'm not trying to imply a conspiracy here, I'm just trying to figure things out, if things aren't too complicated to figure out, since some people still dispute how WW I and WW ii began, and what players did what.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 03:21 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
What you say and what Shekib82 says is about what I've gathered, but why pilgrims? Is it just that the murder of pilgrims catches my eye more than the bombing of Shiite Mosques?

This is part of the scorecard, as I understand it:

Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian leader, is of the Sunni sect.
Muqtada al-Sadr, popular Shiite leader from Iraq, is now in Iran, which is primarily Shiite
Iraq is 2/3 Shia and 1/3 Sunni
Saudi Arabia is over 90% Sunni
Al-Qaeda is primarily Sunni

The Muslim Brotherhood, including Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi tends to be Pan-Islamic with hostility to neither Sunnis nor Shia?
If accurate, is this the scariest thing to any element which would want to divide and conquer in the Mid-East. Could this relate to the killings of Shiite pilgrims, or is it just due to Sunni hostility? I'm not trying to imply a conspiracy here, I'm just trying to figure things out, if things aren't too complicated to figure out, since some people still dispute how WW I and WW ii began, and what players did what.
there is a conspiracy in how since 911 the arabs have turned towards infighting. that now for sunnis shias are a bigger thread than israel.

this said, a lot of those so called pilgrims end up being agents from iran or hizballah with military and not so holy objectives.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 06:43 PM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
there is a conspiracy in how since 911 the arabs have turned towards infighting. that now for sunnis shias are a bigger thread than israel.

this said, a lot of those so called pilgrims end up being agents from iran or hizballah with military and not so holy objectives.
Is it that Shiites are a threat to take away high-paying government jobs, college professor positions, and such? That might be like the situation in Northern Ireland with Catholics resenting the sweet land deals, etc that the Proestants got though their British connections, resulting in murders and bombings, not that I have more than an inkling about the history of that situation, either.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 07:14 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
That's only fair. The Sunnis have always been a massive and ongoing threat to the Shia. American idiocy after 911 is what raised Shia's relative power in the region by taking out Sunni-Saddam and replacing it with a Shia majority government in Iraq.

That rise in Shia power scares the Sunnis. That is good.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 09:41 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:

The majority are religious worshipers making most often once in a lifetime treks.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 09:47 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
That's only fair. The Sunnis have always been a massive and ongoing threat to the Shia. American idiocy after 911 is what raised Shia's relative power in the region by taking out Sunni-Saddam and replacing it with a Shia majority government in Iraq.

That rise in Shia power scares the Sunnis. That is good.
If the US doesn't bend to Saudi Arabian and Israeli mindsets. Wahhabi hatred of Shia doctrine is all-consuming while ultra-conservative Israeli political leadership requires the Iran Shia demon to pursue its agenda.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 03:29 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Is it that Shiites are a threat to take away high-paying government jobs, college professor positions, and such? That might be like the situation in Northern Ireland with Catholics resenting the sweet land deals, etc that the Proestants got though their British connections, resulting in murders and bombings, not that I have more than an inkling about the history of that situation, either.
It is a religious war that has been going on for hundreds of years.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 03:30 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
The majority are religious worshipers making most often once in a lifetime treks.
Interesting that they should choose this time in Iran's history to make their journey. I mean they could wait a few years. Furthermore this is not a pillar of Islam and they have other places they could visit such as Iran.