Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > World Politics (Non-US)

World Politics (Non-US) For discussions of politics, issues and elections from around the world.

Old Dec 19th 2016, 03:42 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Default Russian diplomat assassinated

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/12/19/...ation-shooting

Man so we are just really determined to not put the brakes on this garbage year, huh?
Old Dec 19th 2016, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Default Re: Russian diplomat assassinated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
http://www.vox.com/world/2016/12/19/...ation-shooting

Man so we are just really determined to not put the brakes on this garbage year, huh?
Yes, it has been an ugly year all around. It began (I think) with the death of David Bowie and just went downhill after that!

And yes, a Turkish assassination of a Russian ambassador in Turkey is very, very nasty/ugly business that does not bode well. At least Obama is still in the WH, not you-know-who!
Old Dec 19th 2016, 10:09 PM
Globetrotter

If the incident with the truck in Berlin turns out to be a terrorist attack, which seems likely at this point, then 2016 will be even more of an annus horribilis. The thing is, with -and I quote- you-know-who in the White House with his assortment of sociopaths in one year's time we might look back on it as 'just the beginning'.
Old Dec 20th 2016, 01:01 AM
Official Forum Mascot

And three shot (not fatally) at a Muslim prayer center in Zurich. Assailant as yet unaccounted for. Fuckin' hell.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:30 PM
Globetrotter

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/...icle-1.2917281

This guy personifies why Russians have essentially never liked Jews. Ever. And why many here (not me, but plenty of people) think our Grandfathers should have just stopped at the border, and left Hitler to finish them off in Aushvitz and such.

Jews are ungrateful people. Nobody has done more for them than us. Red Army freed so many from the death camps. Soviet Union help found Israel, assuming they would be a good ally, but the Jews betrayed, as usual, lesson learned.

In the 90s here, Jews were permitted to steal at will, so many became oligarchs, like, two thirds of oligarchs today are Jews. They are among the smallest ethnic groups here, yet, maybe, arguable, the richest!

Ungrateful, lying, thieving scum. That is all I have to say about this.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 12:52 PM
Official Forum Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post

This guy personifies why Russians have essentially never liked Jews. Ever. And why many here (not me, but plenty of people) think our Grandfathers should have just stopped at the border, and left Hitler to finish them off in Aushvitz and such.

Jews are ungrateful people. Nobody has done more for them than us. Red Army freed so many from the death camps. Soviet Union help found Israel, assuming they would be a good ally, but the Jews betrayed, as usual, lesson learned.

In the 90s here, Jews were permitted to steal at will, so many became oligarchs, like, two thirds of oligarchs today are Jews. They are among the smallest ethnic groups here, yet, maybe, arguable, the richest!

Not a very substantive critique of the author's claims.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 01:27 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Not a very substantive critique of the author's claims.
What am I to criticize? Silly Western propaganda? No, our military does not "kill babies" in Syria. That would be the Islamist "rebels" YOUR government supports: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...etted-alliance
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...-idUSKCN12S0KQ

Our troops are there protecting the innocents

and bringing them much needed aid

Your media can lie about it all they want. We Russians know the truth.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 02:51 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
What am I to criticize? Silly Western propaganda? No, our military does not "kill babies" in Syria. That would be the Islamist "rebels" YOUR government supports: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...etted-alliance
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...-idUSKCN12S0KQ

Our troops are there protecting the innocents

and bringing them much needed aid

Your media can lie about it all they want. We Russians know the truth.
Your media is as full of shit as any media, especially in war time. Anyone can, and does, photo-ops with cute kids and images of assistance. The rest of the day all parties are bombing indiscriminately and killing 'collateral damage', i.e. the same kids they used for photo-ops earlier.
If it were any different it wouldn't be called war.
Old Dec 21st 2016, 02:52 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:

Jeeesus fucking Christ...
Old Dec 21st 2016, 07:09 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Your media is as full of shit as any media, especially in war time. Anyone can, and does, photo-ops with cute kids and images of assistance. The rest of the day all parties are bombing indiscriminately and killing 'collateral damage', i.e. the same kids they used for photo-ops earlier.
If it were any different it wouldn't be called war.
With all due respect, and for what it is worth, Russia is the ONLY party in Syria besides the Syrian government that is not violating international law. Russia is engaged in Syria 100% legally under international law. No one else in Syria is.

US government (or any western government) funding Syrian rebels is basically a war crime.