Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Politics & Current Events > U.S. Politics

U.S. Politics Congress, elections, government and discussion of all US political issues.

Old May 25th 2018, 04:04 PM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Default Re: US Politics

Okay, okay, I was wrong, Michael.

I'd been grasping at the possibility that Trump was a peacenik in wolves' clothing who might change the direction of US foreign policy, and who appointed guys like Bolton and Pompeo to office in order to keep his enemies close, which may have made me seem like a Trump supporter or apologist.

But now I 've given up on that hope, and it makes no difference to me whether he has voluntarily embraced the Brennan-Clapper-Netanyahu deep state neoconservative fascist warmonger agenda or has been coerced into accepting it.

Just wanted you to know that I'm over it and am adding more hard liquor to my beer regimen (A friend of mine has suggested Camarena Tequila Silver and my stepson vouches for Crown Royal Green Apple).

Last edited by Tom Palven; May 25th 2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old May 27th 2018, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Okay, okay, I was wrong, Michael.

I'd been grasping at the possibility that Trump was a peacenik in wolves' clothing who might change the direction of US foreign policy, and who appointed guys like Bolton and Pompeo to office in order to keep his enemies close, which may have made me seem like a Trump supporter or apologist.

But now I 've given up on that hope, and it makes no difference to me whether he has voluntarily embraced the Brennan-Clapper-Netanyahu deep state neoconservative fascist warmonger agenda or has been coerced into accepting it.
Indeed... it makes no difference if he embraces that faction willingly or not. The fact is, he embraces it. When it comes to politics, actions matter, words are bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Just wanted you to know that I'm over it and am adding more hard liquor to my beer regimen (A friend of mine has suggested Camarena Tequila Silver and my stepson vouches for Crown Royal Green Apple).
Old Jun 6th 2018, 04:55 AM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Now, it is looking again like the US may allow peace to break out on the Korean peninsula.
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/06/05/...h-korea-talks/

In less than a week things should get interesting.
Old Jun 28th 2018, 06:21 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Justice Kennedy, in his infinite wisdom, has decided that now is the best time to retire from the court.

A truly dark day for America and democracy.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 07:12 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Here's a bit of news that should surprise no one...

Quote:
Of the eleven developed nations evaluated by the Commonwealth Fund, the United States comes in dead last on healthcare.
The 11 countries analyzed were Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
In addition to ranking last or close to last in access, administrative efficiency, equity and health care outcomes, the U.S. was found to spend the most money on health care.
Source

Does anyone think that any major US media will cover this?

It's the last one that gets me. US spends the most money on healthcare services and has the worst results. That takes some serious corruption, grift, bullshit and big fat corporate profits to achieve.

Btw, the study is from 2017, which means that the US healthcare system was being graded with Obamacare in place and it is still the worst. Start dismantling Obamacare and US healthcare just deteriorates further and faster.
Old Jul 14th 2018, 10:31 PM
Bad Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Justice Kennedy, in his infinite wisdom, has decided that now is the best time to retire from the court.

A truly dark day for America and democracy.
One of many to come, I fear.