Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Religion & Moral Issues

Religion & Moral Issues For discussion of all issues of religion, spiritualism, faith and moral issues.

Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:14 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Sharia patrols in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
they are not the borg, but they are a more cohesive group than you seem to understand. you just need to look at the issue of Palestine and how it flares emotions from syria to indonesia, egypt to morroco, even chechenya to realize how much cohesion exists among muslim and how much they think and act in a similar fashion.

yet they are not the borg, but they share a lot of common traits.
That must be why the Sunni and Shia are killing each other all over the place and why by far the largest number of victims of Muslims extremism are Muslims. Nice to see such Ummah.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:36 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
typical. If I call out the facts then i am a racist.
please read, look at what is happening around the world and wake up.
the muslims have elected leaderships in egypt for example and they opted for islamists who are intolerant of the rights of women and minorities. they do the same everywhere they are a majority.
and i am the intolerant one for calling for secularism and freedom??

it is more likely you who are intolerant of me expressing my opinion which doesn't fit into your Politically Correct view of the world and religion.
Before you distinguish between your opinion and others based on religion, try living in one of the many US areas where fundamentalist Christians rule with all the power and bigotry of any Muslim sect or theocracy. Secular? In your dreams.

If you feel religiously persecuted by a Muslim majority, why don't you relocate? None of the tenets of democracy specify freedom of religion, that's a legislative decision. Aside from living within such a system of government and keeping your mouth shut, your only other option is armed rebellion, historically a losing proposition for minorities.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 10:30 AM
World Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
I think, living in Lebanon, with Hezbollah and others, he probably knows more than you about this stuff. No offence.
Right. And you, being Russian, have a clear view of how beautiful and wonderful the Iranian and Syrian governments are.

Old Jan 29th 2013, 01:21 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramjockey View Post
Right. And you, being Russian, have a clear view of how beautiful and wonderful the Iranian and Syrian governments are.

man you have no idea what it is like to be truly intolerant.

i'll give you an example to illustrate the contrast between western christian intolerance and the muslim middle eastern intolerance.

1) Western christian homophobia: "Oh man i am opposed to marriage because it is only between a man and a woman".

2) muslim homophobia: "Oh man when i see a gay i want to kill him".

big difference.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 02:23 PM
World Citizen

Quote:

i'll give you an example to illustrate the contrast between western christian intolerance and the muslim middle eastern intolerance.

1) Western christian homophobia: "Oh man i am opposed to marriage because it is only between a man and a woman".

big difference.
Except I know people that have been beaten nearly to death by Christians for being gay.

Not Muslims. Christians.

We have Christians who have killed doctors here for doing things that they don't like. They have set bombs to kill rescue crews responding to clinics. Christians. Not Muslims.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 02:51 PM
Official Forum Lutheran

Quote:

big difference.
In the end, this kind of dick measuring over who is more hate filled is silly, but in response to number one

Matthew Shephard

and

Lynching

It's ugly business, but unfortunately people are awful the world over. No one has a monopoly on evil. Perhaps the difference lies in the systems that are in place. Western government systems attempt to limit the power any one group can have.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 03:07 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramjockey View Post
Except I know people that have been beaten nearly to death by Christians for being gay.

Not Muslims. Christians.

We have Christians who have killed doctors here for doing things that they don't like. They have set bombs to kill rescue crews responding to clinics. Christians. Not Muslims.
True. Same here. Orthodox Christian nationalists do some crazy stuff too. Like, I posted about two women in Astrakhan, who were hacked to pieces in their home by Orthodox fanatics for being Jehovah's Witnesses. The murderers drew Orthodox Crosses on the walls of their apartment, with the victims' blood.
http://www.russianw.com/articles/article.php?ID=198

No, I do not make a distinction. Religious extremists are religious extremists to me, Orthodox or Muslim, I do not care. They are both a threat and both faiths need to (and, fortunately, many do) fight them. I know, after the terrorist assassination of Tatarstan's Deputy Supreme Mufti and attempted assassination of the Supreme Mufti himself, some young men there have formed "anti-Wakhabit" brigades, who have made it their business to cleanse their mosques of this evil. Some of Karina's relatives are among them, as the slain Deputy Mufti was a good friend of her father, a Mullah himself. Already, they found one guy, a Uzbek Imam who was educated in Pakistan and was trying to preach his Wakhabit nonsense in a Tatar mosque in Naberezhnye Chelny. Well, one night, they took him from his home, worked him over with baseball bats, until he could not stand anymore, and then gave him a one-way aeroplane ticket back to Uzbekistan, said, if they ever see him back in Russia, will kill him, and cut off his man parts first, so none of the virgins up there in heaven would want him Obviously, I doubt he will ever return.

That is how you do it We Orthodox are not, thus far, as loud about resisting our own reactionary elements Although, I know a guy, works at my firm, who, back in October or so, saved a young fellow from those fanatics who attack people in Pussy Riot T-shirts. The poor guy was a foreigner, a British exchange student at Moscow State University, actually. Was wearing under his jacket a T-shirt with some strange depiction of a crucifix, I think it was from some rock group of something. And four of the fanatics saw him and set after him. But, my friend was also nearby and ended up chasing them away

No, make no mistake, I think all fanatics are bad. And as far as Syrian and Iranian governments, I never praised the Iranian government. Assad I also do not love, I just think he is better than the previously mentioned Islamist fanatics.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 12:39 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
In the end, this kind of dick measuring over who is more hate filled is silly, but in response to number one

Matthew Shephard

and

Lynching

It's ugly business, but unfortunately people are awful the world over. No one has a monopoly on evil. Perhaps the difference lies in the systems that are in place. Western government systems attempt to limit the power any one group can have.
the examples you and pram are giving are outliers. but the examples i gave you are the norm. In lebanon it is illegal to be gay. if you are gay you go to jail. I am not talking about al-qaeda here.
in other arab islamic countries you could face more severe punishment for being gay. these laws come from the popular attitude which wants to punish homosexuality.
conversely in all western countries with varying proportion of christian sodomy has been decriminalization.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 02:30 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
the examples you and pram are giving are outliers. but the examples i gave you are the norm. In lebanon it is illegal to be gay. if you are gay you go to jail. I am not talking about al-qaeda here.
in other arab islamic countries you could face more severe punishment for being gay. these laws come from the popular attitude which wants to punish homosexuality.
conversely in all western countries with varying proportion of christian sodomy has been decriminalization.
shekib82, I think it is wonderful that there are people like you in the Middle-East, people who think that it is wrong that homosexuality is illegal. I know you think of homosexuality as a sin, and I vehemently don't agree with that, but given the terrible plight of gay people in so many parts of the world, the Middle-East being a real hell-hole for gay people, I, as a person who cares passionately about gay rights, think it is great that there are people like you in the Middle-East. Respect!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 02:51 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
shekib82, I think it is wonderful that there are people like you in the Middle-East, people who think that it is wrong that homosexuality is illegal. I know you think of homosexuality as a sin, and I vehemently don't agree with that, but given the terrible plight of gay people in so many parts of the world, the Middle-East being a real hell-hole for gay people, I, as a person who cares passionately about gay rights, think it is great that there are people like you in the Middle-East. Respect!
thanks. I do think that the laws of society should not be based on religion and therefore people should have to right to do what they want as long as they don't harm others. And this is where homosexuality falls. Two people are free to do what they want with their own bodies.

now back to the topic. What are your opinions on what has been said so far?