Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Chat Zone

Chat Zone This is for relaxing, chit chat, informal discussions or oddball topics - or anything that doesn't belong somewhere else - jokes, funny stories, interesting links or any topic you want to talk about.

Old Oct 2nd 2015, 02:37 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: I am back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
The firm has received a reward, of sorts. In form of some very lucrative and profitable government contracts. And that is all I can and will say about that
Did you think that might happen when you supplied the armoured vehicles to the Russian military?
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 03:01 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Did you think that might happen when you supplied the armoured vehicles to the Russian military?
We all knew the government is often grateful to those in the private sector who show initiative, shall we say, at times and events like that
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 03:12 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
We all knew the government is often grateful to those in the private sector who show initiative, shall we say, at times and events like that
Quote:
A. Michael, I doubt Nick and I will ever agree on this issue, just as we will never agree whether homosexuals should be able to marry each other in a church. That is fine by me. Diversity of views and opinions makes life more interesting

B. Nick, you will be shocked to know we are not, in fact, charging them anything for the armored vehicles. It is a charity thing. There are plenty of people and groups participating. I was just today talking to a friend, he is a lawyer. His firm just bought out an armored transport truck from a bank, paid to have it outfitted with more armor and a machine gun turret on top, and sent it to the rebels. Everyone who can is helping like that...

C. shekib82, I think Assad is the better guy in Syria, at least better than ISIS. But, I am against Russia getting involved there. Let you Arabs sort out your issues, and let America bleed there, if it so wants. Let us keep out of it.
So why did you describe it as a charity thing?
Old Oct 2nd 2015, 03:20 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
It was, at the time. And to those in Donbass, it still is
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 03:10 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
B. Nick, you will be shocked to know we are not, in fact, charging them anything for the armored vehicles. It is a charity thing. There are plenty of people and groups participating. I was just today talking to a friend, he is a lawyer. His firm just bought out an armored transport truck from a bank, paid to have it outfitted with more armor and a machine gun turret on top, and sent it to the rebels. Everyone who can is helping like that...

C. shekib82, I think Assad is the better guy in Syria, at least better than ISIS. But, I am against Russia getting involved there. Let you Arabs sort out your issues, and let America bleed there, if it so wants. Let us keep out of it.
Quote:
Has Putin sent you a letter thanking you - after all, you gave the Russian military those expensive armoured vehicles, without taking any money for them. He may think you miss them and maybe he thinks it would only be polite to write and thank you?
Quote:
The firm has received a reward, of sorts. In form of some very lucrative and profitable government contracts. And that is all I can and will say about that
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It was, at the time. And to those in Donbass, it still is
Shouldn't you have told us earlier that it ended up yielding big monetary returns for yourself, after initially telling us it was a "charity thing"? Well, anyway, your support for Putin has now become, shall we say, unsurprising.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Oct 3rd 2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old Oct 9th 2015, 02:37 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Do you still consider Putin's decision to take action in Syria to be a mistake?
Old Oct 9th 2015, 03:18 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I do. I think weapons shipments to them were sufficient. Our servicemen should not be putting their lives at risk over there.
Old Oct 9th 2015, 04:34 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I do. I think weapons shipments to them were sufficient. Our servicemen should not be putting their lives at risk over there.
Thank you.
Old Oct 11th 2015, 03:35 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Quote:
So have you changed your mind? Two days ago you considered it a mistake - just two days ago.
Quote:
http://www.catholicregister.org/home...n-in-civil-war

That, Tom Palven, is what our boys are fighting for there now. For Christian faith, Orthodox or Catholic. Westerners are Godless, at this point, no offense, even the supposedly religious don't want to help their brothers and sisters there again the Muslim fanatics. So... As much as I don't like Russia entering that conflict, someone had to act, before it was too late.

By the way, the main Syrian Kurdish group supports the Russian operation too: http://www.nrttv.com/en/Details.aspx?Jimare=3780
http://www.discussionworldforum.com/...?t=5607&page=2