Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Welcome to the Forum > Welcome & Introductions

Welcome & Introductions A place to introduce yourself and to find help with using forum features!

Old Nov 1st 2008, 03:24 AM
Citizen

Default Re: Who Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helene View Post
I'd date you.
Well, hell, me too.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 11:51 PM
Villager

You wouldn't once you found out I wet the bed.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 01:45 AM
Citizen

Damn, that always is a deal killer.

Speaking of which, anybody ever watch the Sarah Silverman Program?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 09:39 AM
Nomad

Hey I'm Dustin, the white rabbit should remember me. I hope to get some time to debate on here later today!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Hey I'm Dustin, the white rabbit should remember me. I hope to get some time to debate on here later today!
Of course I remember you... a young college boy from Georgia with a bit of a political fever...

I'm sure you can find plenty here to debate about... we don't bite!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 04:15 PM
World Citizen

I don't know who I am or what I am from anyone elses perspective.

It seems that I am an ardent novice at everything I do so I can't claim expertise at anything.

Greendruid is working on being self sustaining and I'm trying to do that too. We have a garden that I'd like to expand to cover every available inch of earth as well as finding a couple of chickens that I could hide on the veranda. Amanda is a vegetarian, me too. Americano is a retired business person and I'm kinda that too (although not by choice). I have two daughters. The oldest daughter is 18 and starts her Junior year of college next semester. The youngest has just started her freshman year of high school/art school. They are to me like the sun is to the earth.

I'm kinda like Sarah Palin in that we both came from small towns and had a hard time deciding on a major in college. Except I have more foreign experience and can almost see Cuba. But for some strange reason, I didn't get tapped to be a presidential running mate.

I'm kinda like Dick Cheney in that we both grew up in Wyoming and attended the University of Wyoming. Except Cheney at least attended Yale for a while. I never had the opportunity to flunk out of Yale.

Who I was is pretty far from who I am now so I guess it doesn't help to say where I come from or where I've been. And apparently, it doesn't help much to compare myself to someone else.

I guess the most important thing to know about me is pretty clear already - I don't believe short and pat answers do much for thinking folks.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:50 AM
Bad Motherfucker

Some of you may vaguely remember me as joeblow from USPOL. I left USPOL as I grew my personal philosophies into who I am today, so don't be surprised to see that my arguments are much different than before. I've grown a lot in the past couple of years and I've recently found inspiration to voice my opinions once more.

I'm a libertarian in the vein of our nation's founders. To each his own and to all prosperity. I am not against social programs, but I do judge them more harshly than most. If it is only beneficial to a few, then it is not what I want my tax money spent on.

I'm an atheist, but I believe in the power of life. I pray to the universe and praise it for this gift of life. People look for God in book and buildings, but they can't see Him in the beautiful things that make this life worth praising.

In my spare time, I read, write, play too many video games and watch too much TV. I'm dying to start fighting against the injustices in the world and I finally feel that I have the power to do that. From anti-gay legislation to Darfur, too much shit is going the wrong way in this world. We have to fight, if not for us, then for posterity.

I pray for the day the government turns on us so I can finally get off my ass and do something. Plus, I have all this survival gear that I don't want to go to waste.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 01:27 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Guy View Post
Some of you may vaguely remember me as joeblow from USPOL. I left USPOL as I grew my personal philosophies into who I am today, so don't be surprised to see that my arguments are much different than before. I've grown a lot in the past couple of years and I've recently found inspiration to voice my opinions once more.

I'm a libertarian in the vein of our nation's founders. To each his own and to all prosperity. I am not against social programs, but I do judge them more harshly than most. If it is only beneficial to a few, then it is not what I want my tax money spent on.

I'm an atheist, but I believe in the power of life. I pray to the universe and praise it for this gift of life. People look for God in book and buildings, but they can't see Him in the beautiful things that make this life worth praising.

In my spare time, I read, write, play too many video games and watch too much TV. I'm dying to start fighting against the injustices in the world and I finally feel that I have the power to do that. From anti-gay legislation to Darfur, too much shit is going the wrong way in this world. We have to fight, if not for us, then for posterity.

I pray for the day the government turns on us so I can finally get off my ass and do something. Plus, I have all this survival gear that I don't want to go to waste.
Welcome. I enjoy discussions from libertarian viewpoints, especially the tax issues.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Yes, I recall a certain Joe Blow from a few years back - welcome aboard.

And I'm sure The Drunk Guy will find more than a few 'libertarian' minded posters around here - not to mention one or two atheists...
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 06:00 PM
Citizen

I'm Korimyr.

I'm in my late twenties, and I live and work in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I am a writer and a game designer, but I'm not successful enough yet to be able to give up my day job. I graduated high school by the skin of my teeth and dropped out of college three times, so my day jobs usually ain't that nice.

Politically, I am something of a Technocrat-- according to the definition of government by skilled professionals and the definition used by Technocracy, Inc., depending on whether we are talking about near-term policy issues or long-term goals.

Religiously... used to be able to answer this one cleaner. I am an eclectic pan-Germanic Heathen, with very strong spirtual influence from Daoism and Hermeticism and ethical influences ranging from Confucius to Nietzsche to the modern Transhumanist movement. This makes much more sense in practice than it does on paper, and I plan on distilling and re-synthesizing it until a coherent spiritual philosophy emerges.

I enjoy talking about political theory and issues, moral philosophy, games and amateur sports, miltary science and the martial arts, and geek culture. I especially enjoy civilized debate on any issue which interests me, and I am looking forward to getting into such discussions here.