Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Philosophy & Political Theory

Philosophy & Political Theory What is the meaning of life? What is truth? Good vs Evil? This is the forum to debate about anything and everything!

Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:59 AM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Default The Sane Progressive

I've mentioned Debbie Lusignan, "The Sane Progressive," here before.

She was a Sanders supporter who favors a guaranteed minimum income and one-payer health care, but I like her a lot.

Imho he is in top form and spot-on in this rant in which she calls for critical thinking and warns against divisiveness.

It's long.* You can get the gist of it in the first 3 minutes, but I think it's worth sitting down with a pot of coffee or a bottle of wine and watching the whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqETSUDFAao
Old Aug 10th 2017, 01:47 PM
Cranky Curmudgeon

Default Re: The Sane Progressive

Michael,

You can call Pat Buchanan a right-wing lunatic in another thread and be at least partially right- he has a solidly conservative background.

But how about Debbie Lusignan, a former Sanders supporter with a solidly liberal background?

She apparently does an amazing amount of research, and I don't think that you can point out one lie or misrepresentation in the case she makes in the above link.

If you can, please point out the specific lie.

Can you handle the truth?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:25 AM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Michael,

You can call Pat Buchanan a right-wing lunatic in another thread and be at least partially right- he has a solidly conservative background.

But how about Debbie Lusignan, a former Sanders supporter with a solidly liberal background?

She apparently does an amazing amount of research, and I don't think that you can point out one lie or misrepresentation in the case she makes in the above link.

If you can, please point out the specific lie.

Can you handle the truth?
45 fucking minutes of a political rant? She says absolutely fucking nothing except a bunch of insults. It is 100% content free. That was just a big fucking word salad that says nothing.

Since you want an example of a lie she's shoveling? She says Republican party leaders all endorsed Clinton not Trump in 2016. That's bullshit. All the names she cites are ex-Office holders from Reagan and Bush era. This is the bullshit premise she's hanging most of her argument on. Fact is the 2016 Republican party 100% endorsed and supported Trump, not Clinton.

And she screams out over and over that Hillary Clinton and the DNC rigged the 2016 election for Trump to win. This is so far out there it is just pathetic and laughable. Sounds just like the usual Alex Jones type conspiracy crap being hyped at 500% freakout mode. And it is all Hillary Clinton and DNC that is guilty of empowering Donald Trump, the DHS and CIA to takeover the US government.

I think I lost 10 points of IQ just listening to this ranting trying to make sense of it. And about the only thing I can figure out she said is that she's definitely a Trump apologist and/or one of those far-left Bernie-bro types who considers the DNC to be the most evil institution in US politics because Bernie didn't win the 'rigged' primary (not much difference between these two points).

Lastly, I must re-iterate my longstanding point about political rants on video. This was so horrible to listen to that it hurt. Breathlessly rant and repeat, over and over again. This woman needs to take a valium and chill out before she blows a blood vessel. I can't see any difference between this Youtube rant and one by Alex Jones. Totally the same wild-eyed obsession with conspiracy theories.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 01:05 PM
Cranky Curmudgeon

This is Debbie again, talking about the Charlottesville, VA incident in a much softer tone than the rant in the original post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDpFHyMKeR8

This is not a sound bite, either. It's long, just over an hour. You might try listening to the first 2 minutes and the last two minutes if you want to get the gist of it.

To me it's very constructive, and the best analysis that I've read or heard about racism/nazism in the US recently.

You might hate it or want to just ignore it.

Last edited by Tom Palven; Aug 17th 2017 at 01:10 PM.