Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Science

Science From your kid's science project to relativity, this is the place to discuss it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old Feb 10th 2014, 07:22 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Homosexuality and Evolution

OK first of all I oppose both theories. But this will be a reasoning at absurdum.

If people were born with homosexual predilections, how would they still exist?

I mean if you look at evolutionary theories of Homo Sapiens and modern man you will find that Humanity according to this theory is very old. Old enough to escape any social pressure that would have forced homosexuals to marry and thus pass their preferences to their children.

So how would they exist? How would evolution allow it?

Now, current thinking is that evolution is about natural selection. It is not about best or worse but human nature taking its course and selecting things according to the environment.

How would that idea bring about people who cannot in any way, shape or form have kids. Because they cannot have sex?

How is that human innate nature? As opposed to a choice that people make in their lives?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Feb 10th 2014, 07:24 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Another important point to add to this debate. Men derive a special pleasure when they get penetrated from their rear end. It is due to stimulating the prostate. Anyone who had any medical problems with their prostate, had an exam done by a urologist and felt a little bit of what gays feel during gay sex.

So there you go. The greatest debate on the planet. Gays do gay sex because they like it. Not because they can't help it. Or it is their nature. Or they were born that way.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Feb 10th 2014, 07:32 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Another great debate is about Marriage.

Here's what you get when type "define: marriage" into google:
"the formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognised by law, by which they become husband and wife"

The reason for this is clear. Two sexes. It is religious. and It is biological. Only the combination of these two sexes can make babies.

As for any tax benefits or what-have you, gays could argue for civil unions. And so can polygamists, etc...

If it is about other benefits, they could create special contracts in courts and use them....

don't see what the fuss is about.

I mean you also have people who are straight who have sex with multiple partners all the time and never get married. They don't scream that the church is persecuting them.

Honest to God I was watching the BBC tonight and saw a new anchor telling a catholic bishop that he was a communist because he wanted to give money to the poor. Then went out to drill him about gay rights. This is stupid.
Not being able to marry a guy when you are a guy is not a human right.

You can have the same thing and not call it marriage. What is the problem?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Feb 10th 2014, 08:02 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
OK first of all I oppose both theories. But this will be a reasoning at absurdum.

If people were born with homosexual predilections, how would they still exist?

I mean if you look at evolutionary theories of Homo Sapiens and modern man you will find that Humanity according to this theory is very old. Old enough to escape any social pressure that would have forced homosexuals to marry and thus pass their preferences to their children.

So how would they exist? How would evolution allow it?

Now, current thinking is that evolution is about natural selection. It is not about best or worse but human nature taking its course and selecting things according to the environment.

How would that idea bring about people who cannot in any way, shape or form have kids. Because they cannot have sex?

How is that human innate nature? As opposed to a choice that people make in their lives?
Homosexuality, first of all, isn't binary, but for the sake of argument let us suppose it is.

Homosexuality is an outlier. It doesn't stand in the way of human reproduction any more than anything else.
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Feb 10th 2014, 08:32 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Homosexuality, first of all, isn't binary, but for the sake of argument let us suppose it is.

Homosexuality is an outlier. It doesn't stand in the way of human reproduction any more than anything else.
Well, it does, somewhat. Men cannot reproduce with other men
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Feb 10th 2014, 08:36 PM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Homosexuality, first of all, isn't binary, but for the sake of argument let us suppose it is.

Homosexuality is an outlier. It doesn't stand in the way of human reproduction any more than anything else.
When you say it is not binary, you just validate my point. You go on to do so further when you say that it does not stand in the way of human reproduction.

To be clear, you have just admitted that it is a choice.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Feb 10th 2014, 09:10 PM
Donkey's Avatar
Donkey Donkey is offline
Official Forum Mascot
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 7,771
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Well, it does, somewhat. Men cannot reproduce with other men
Irrelevant on the species scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
When you say it is not binary, you just validate my point. You go on to do so further when you say that it does not stand in the way of human reproduction.

To be clear, you have just admitted that it is a choice.
Lolwat?
__________________
"It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize."
Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Feb 11th 2014, 02:16 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
If people were born with homosexual predilections, how would they still exist?
By most people being heterosexual perhaps? Just a thought.
It's the same with people who cannot have children - a minority just cannot, but most people can - thus people continue to exist.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Feb 11th 2014, 02:33 AM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Irrelevant on the species scale.


Lolwat?
what's my argument Donkey?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Feb 11th 2014, 02:36 AM
shekib82 shekib82 is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default Re: Homesexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
By most people being heterosexual perhaps? Just a thought.
It's the same with people who cannot have children - a minority just cannot, but most people can - thus people continue to exist.
Is there such a thing as innate infertility? How many people are born genetically not able to have kids? What are the names of those conditions?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com