Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Environment

Environment Climate Change, Pollution, Endangered Species, Industrial Agriculture, Degrading Habitats & Renewable Energy.

Old Nov 13th 2011, 12:26 PM
Globetrotter

Default Soil and Health eLibrary

For those interested in organic/holistic gardening this site offers some interesting selections.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 01:41 PM
Resident Anthropologist

Default Re: Soil and Health eLibrary

Awesome link - I'll definitely be spending some time rummaging through these sites. Thanks!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 02:38 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Soil and Health eLibrary

You might enjoy this Yahoo Group on compost teas. I'm a firm advocate of living soil and treating it in a manner that produces a natural balance of requirements. My scope is modest, I use a 5-gallon brewer, but this group covers everything from personal gardens through commercial agricultural endeavors.

Description

This list is for the discussion and dissemination of information primarily about modern compost teas, compost tea making and related topics such as composts, compost extracts, the workings of the soil food web and soil microbiology as applied to gardening and agriculture. It is highly suggested that you buy and read Timber Press' "Teaming With Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to The Soil Food Web" by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis (with a preface by Dr. Elaine Ingham)