View Single Post
Old Jan 24th 2020, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Default Re: 10 Years of Political Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
I'm thoroughly convinced at this point that 99% of people don't even think about beliefs anymore.
I would suggest that average people never have thought about beliefs. That's strictly a game for elites who seek to control people.

The difference is that in the past, the religious elites were trusted or revered, now they are scorned for what they really are - money grubbing fascists.

Quote:
I've seen this especially since joining the Knights of Columbus... which I don't know if I'm going to stay in since it's a very aristocratic organization with lots of favoritism.
I would say that organization is just Catholic fascists (as it has always been).

Quote:
I've always despised feminism for its insistence upon opposing old boys' clubs, but I'm literally seeing it manifest in the Order.
No kidding. Roman Catholics as a rule are pretty good people. That being said, the elite rulers of Catholics, bishops and OD types, are nothing more than fascists in religious robes - and always have been.

Quote:
Trump drives me nuts.
Your religious friends elected him and still worship him.

Quote:
America is the one region in the Western World where Catholics are the minor religious denomination. In Canada, Europe, South Africa, Australia, and India, it's all Catholics first. Latin America is too also whether you consider it Western or not.
"None" is the fastest growing religious classification in the western world.

Damn good reasons for that.

Catholicism is just as monsterous as every other Christian sect - if not worse if you consider their long history.

Quote:
In blue states, it's all victim culture and politically correct rhetoric to unfairly garnish social status at the expense of innocents...
This is just bullshit projection from the rightwing.

There is no 'snowflake' quite like a rightwinger desperately seeking safe spaces at Fox to protect their delicate sensibilities.

Quote:
...but in red states, you really see how problems manifest where people really are downtrodden and suffering just because of how they look, how their families aren't well connected, or they don't fit into traditional gender roles.
That is their lot for voting Republican.

Republicans and American conservatives are a cancer destroying America.

Quote:
Nobody cares anymore. Even Pelosi didn't put Amash on the case manager team to handle Trump's impeachment.
Why the fuck would a sensible and intelligent politician like Nancy Pelosi appoint some rightwing Republican nutjob to a Democratic party position?

Just thinking that Pelosi ought to validate some rightwing nutjob shows that you just don't get it either. You are a Trumpist - that's your politics. You are just horrified by the logical results of your own politics.

I have nothing left but contempt for American politics, the Republican party and anyone who claims to be rightwing, conservative or an American style libertarian - they are all toxic monsters.