Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Society, Media & Culture

Society, Media & Culture Sociology, lifestyles, psychology, paranormal, media studies and all things cultural.

Old Jun 18th 2012, 06:13 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: "Open marriage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Patriarchy at its finest.
No, MeMyselfandI has explained that both parties (the husband and wife) would be allowed to taste the different wines - (why on earth can't people read properly?)
Old Jun 18th 2012, 06:32 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
No, MeMyselfandI has explained that both parties (the husband and wife) would be allowed to taste the different wines - (why on earth can't people read properly?)
Your snark is insulting.

Insinuating that I haven't read it, or am incapable of reading properly is a MAJOR INSULT in my book.

My point stands. If you don't understand the thrust of my point, it behooves you to inquire about it rather than just tossing out an insult that only demonstrates your own ignorance.

And no, I'm not going to bother to explain my argument to you when you ask. I don't reply to people who insult me.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 06:41 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Your snark is insulting.

Insinuating that I haven't read it, or am incapable of reading properly is a MAJOR INSULT in my book.

My point stands. If you don't understand the thrust of my point, it behooves you to inquire about it rather than just tossing out an insult that only demonstrates your own ignorance.

And no, I'm not going to bother to explain my argument to you when you ask. I don't reply to people who insult me.
I couldn't give a rat's harris if you feel insulted or not - I have frequently felt insulted by you, but not whined.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 07:45 PM
Globetrotter

MM&I - is the legalization of polygamy political strategy to embrace Russia's rapidly increasing Muslim population?
Old Jun 18th 2012, 07:46 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Well, here it began as a fad among celebrities, which it is to this day. Big example, one that first comes into my mind, is the Russian-Georgian singer Soso Pavliashvili

He is now happily married to a Russian woman, Irina, they have two little daughters

But he also had a wife back in Georgia, and they had a son, who is in this picture from 2008

when Soso and Irina's second daughter was born. Not a lot is known, except that Pavliashvili's Georgian wife also lives in Moscow now, and the son (who is a Russian citizen) is enrolled in a military academy here. It is also unclear if he is divorced from the Georgian wife, or actually married to Irina, or if he is legally married to either woman. All we know is that he is on good terms with both of them, and he lives with Irina.

Either way, Soso Pavliashvili is adored by women and respected by men here. So, it is celebrities who publicize and promote, knowingly or not, this among the population here, especially the men
The man does have excellent taste in women.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:12 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
MM&I - is the legalization of polygamy political strategy to embrace Russia's rapidly increasing Muslim population?
It may be a part of it, but I do not think it is the enture reason for it. Actually, among Muslims here, only a small minority are polygamous: some Chechen and Ingush clans; and ethnic Lezgins, who live along both sides of the Chechnya-Dagestan border. And it is already legal there. In Chechnya, Ingushetia, and Dagestan, by local laws, men are legally allowed to have up to four wives.

And many notable figures, including the Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov (himself reportedly a polygamist)

Zhanna Nemtsova, TV show hostess, oldest daughter of Opposition leader Boris Nemtsov

and nationalist leader of "Liberal-Democratic" (so-called) Party Vladimir Zhirinovsky

(who also supports gun rights and wants execution to not only be brought back, but be performed publically, "on Red Square, like in the old times", as a deterrent to crime)

All of them advocate for legalizing polygamy. Nemtsova says that polygamy would resolve Russia's social issues, particularly since there are many more women than men here (60% of the population is female). And both Kadyrov and Zhirinovsky agree that polugamy is natural to Russian men: Duke Vladimir, for example "had 300 concubines at Vyshgorod, 300 at Belgorod and 200 at Berestov". According to this view, the Orthodox Church had tried to force monogamy upon Russian men who had always had many wives and never wanted to live this way, with just one woman. This, they say, is why infidelity and having another family in a different city is such a common occurrence among men today, and why so amny monogamous marriages here fail.

I am fine with just my one wife. But, to each their own, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
The man does have excellent taste in women.
Yes, he does.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 05:00 AM
Globetrotter

We all know that the first thing that springs to the mind of the average Westerner when they hear the word 'polygamy' is a man with a gang of wives, all worshipping the very ground he treads on.

But also, we are allowed to read the initial post, where MeMyselfandI makes it very clear that he is talking about something completely different.