Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Architecture & Urban Design

Architecture & Urban Design Buildings, houses, mass transit, density, urban sprawl or anything related to architecture.

Old Jan 1st 2016, 05:15 PM
Globetrotter

Default Garbage issues

In the town of Shelkovo, in the suburbs of Moscow, local residents are forced to live with growing mounds of garbage piling up outside their apartment buildings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCoIdHs5Y4

This is the result of a conflict between the town administration and the company which provided garbage removal services here. Earlier, the administration claimed that numerous people contacted them and complained that the garbage company, while charging high prices for its services, was doing a poor job, and its trucks were not always where the company said they were, and trash was not being picked up on time. The administration then demanded the garbage company install GLONASS (Russian GPS) satellite tracking devices on its trucks, so the town officials could track them on a computer and ensure they are doing their job. The company refused this, and, in fact, the next day, removed all their garbage containers, dumping the waste in them right outside the apartment buildings. Now, they are refusing to take away the current garbage too, while the piles grow, as people throw more trash on top of them...
http://lifenews.ru/news/177906

"Ekograd" is the company which removes garbage from Shelkovo and several other nearby towns

It is one of several big companies in this region, and, normally, they tend to deal with officials at a higher level than small municipal administrations, like, regional governor offices, at least. Hence, they consider, many of them, themselves to be higher than some town government, and have gall enough to act like this... Hopefully, the higher authorities will intervene and put an end to this nonsense before it gets too bad...
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 06:02 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Garbage issues

It's not like you to post about garbage issues.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 05:58 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
MM&I posts about a very wide range of issues about Russia and what's going on in Russia and I am very pleased that he does so. I find these threads to be very interesting and informative, but then again, I'm interested in Russia.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 07:37 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
MM&I posts about a very wide range of issues about Russia and what's going on in Russia and I am very pleased that he does so. I find these threads to be very interesting and informative, but then again, I'm interested in Russia.
Thanks, I do my best

Anyway, this problem is being resolved now, at least the garbage in the streets. The municipal administration has signed a contract with a different company and that company has began to remove the trash.

The original company, however, claims the municipal administration owes them 17 million rubles on their contract, and that is why they have been refusing further service. They say will take the matter to court.
http://360tv.ru/news/shelkovo-nachal...-musora-43424/