Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Computers & Technology

Computers & Technology Computer issues, hardware, software, internet and new technologies.

Old Mar 1st 2012, 12:34 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Belarus outsourcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
I guess we could argue data sources but that sounds boring.

What about the scary debt-to-GDP ratio and negative current account? Other than most countries using often ridiculous methodology to overstate GDP public debt is a matter of open, factual record. With a democratic political system dominated by diverse belief systems catering to a heavily unionized voting citizenry eager for improved standard of living, that, religion aside, sounds like Greece.

I'm certainly not trying to denigrate Lebanon, merely discuss its fiscal condition.
Yes, it is a recipe for disaster. This said Lebanon has a lot of Arab financial backing behind it.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:31 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekib82 View Post
Yes, it is a recipe for disaster. This said Lebanon has a lot of Arab financial backing behind it.
Lebanon has long been known for its powerful banking sector. Your central bank has been prudent only because expatriate Lebanese contribute a major portion of small business capitalization. Government is the current problem, attempting to sate citizenry demand for improved standard of living and reconstruction following the disastrous Israeli invasion and occupation.

From the little I know about the circumstances government deficit spending must be curtailed or public debt will require further currency devaluation with increased inflation. Difficult in a democracy as the citizenry can essentially vote itself (in its minds) an endless supply of borrowed money.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 01:17 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
Lebanon has long been known for its powerful banking sector. Your central bank has been prudent only because expatriate Lebanese contribute a major portion of small business capitalization. Government is the current problem, attempting to sate citizenry demand for improved standard of living and reconstruction following the disastrous Israeli invasion and occupation.

From the little I know about the circumstances government deficit spending must be curtailed or public debt will require further currency devaluation with increased inflation. Difficult in a democracy as the citizenry can essentially vote itself (in its minds) an endless supply of borrowed money.
Yeah I agree, they should cut spending and raise taxes. But probably the single biggest thing that can bring prosperity to the country is to disarm hizballah.

This said in my field (IT) new companies are opening every few months. It doesn't seem like the economy is suffering on that level, in fact quite the opposite.