Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Other Forums > Travel

Travel Where have you been? Where are you planning to go? Where would you like to go?

Old May 6th 2010, 09:37 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Driving Atlantic to Pacific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
The part of California that I want to really see is driving up the Pacific coastal highway from LA to SF.
One of the more pleasurable road trips, but don't end it at SF. That coastline above SF is even more beautiful and populated by interesting characters. You must stay here in Santa Barbara. International clientele and pampering at its best. Nothing like calling the kitchen and discussing desired menus with the chef to be served in your cottage.
Old May 6th 2010, 10:52 AM
World Citizen

As a side note, I have a friend who is going to be motorcycling from S. Florida to San Fran next month with a rifle strapped to his back. The rifle is because he decided to camp in the desert for a month en route.

This is the sort of ridiculous stuff this kid does all the time.

For a good time call Judges 19:24-30
Old May 6th 2010, 09:08 PM
Administrator
Herder of Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americano View Post
One of the more pleasurable road trips, but don't end it at SF. That coastline above SF is even more beautiful and populated by interesting characters. You must stay here in Santa Barbara. International clientele and pampering at its best. Nothing like calling the kitchen and discussing desired menus with the chef to be served in your cottage.
Excellent recommendation. And indeed, we are likely to continue up the coast to Portland and then turning inland from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot View Post
As a side note, I have a friend who is going to be motorcycling from S. Florida to San Fran next month with a rifle strapped to his back. The rifle is because he decided to camp in the desert for a month en route.

This is the sort of ridiculous stuff this kid does all the time.
You're right. It does sound ridiculous.
Old May 6th 2010, 09:34 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Excellent recommendation. And indeed, we are likely to continue up the coast to Portland and then turning inland from there.
Good. You won't miss the Redwood forests, which attract a wide variety of characters and visitors. A picture standing next to a giant Redwood tree is as impressive as the Hollywood Sign.

I suggest the run from Brookings Oregon to Coos Bay be scheduled as a drive with stops for services. On the Oregon Coast, you need to get close to weekend destinations of Portland residents to avoid repetitious, dreary coastal poverty. A few highlights but nothing I'd recommend without an unlimited schedule.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 03:32 PM
World Citizen

Quote:
We've been tentatively talking about making a road-trip across the middle of America - essentially driving west from Washington/Baltimore area all the way to LA.
The title reminds me of the Tom Terrific theme song. "When there is trouble I'm there on the double, from Atlantic to Pacific, they know Tom Terrific!"