Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Other Forums > Travel

Travel Where have you been? Where are you planning to go? Where would you like to go?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old Aug 7th 2014, 09:41 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I believe the BBC - and you don't have grounds to declare it untrue that it's the worst year in Crimean tourism in many many.
And I believe my own eyes. I am sure there are less tourists this season. Political turmoil does that. But, overall, it's fine. Like I said, don't believe me, look at the photo, my photo above, and the ones in the beginning of the thread. They all show plenty of people on those beaches As I also said, you are making a fool of yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 01:02 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
And I believe my own eyes. I am sure there are less tourists this season. Political turmoil does that. But, overall, it's fine. Like I said, don't believe me, look at the photo, my photo above, and the ones in the beginning of the thread. They all show plenty of people on those beaches As I also said, you are making a fool of yourself.
Thank you. That is what I said. Ukrainian tourists are boycotting the Crimea, and Russian tourists are finding the lack of a landway to the Crimea too much of an inconvenience to balance the Ukrainians' boycott.

You may have seen the Crimea, but you didn't see their coffers.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Aug 8th 2014 at 01:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 02:47 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Yevpatoria

PS; You don't know how many of those tourists on the beaches are tourists - many of them could be locals taking advantage of the lack of tourists. But anyway, we both agree that it's the worst year for tourists in many years, so I fail to see what we are arguing about.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 06:46 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Yevpatoria

PPS; And some of your photos don't look so crowded. And as I said, we don't know who are tourists and who are locals taking advantage of the lack of tourists. So basically, the worst tourist year in many many years, which you admit - and all because of Putin. It would have been different if Russia had had a landway to and from the Crimea, but it hasn't.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Aug 8th 2014 at 06:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 08:19 AM
Pan Wołodyjowski Pan Wołodyjowski is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 133
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Crimean Peninsula is not that far away from Russia. Russians (from Russia) are able to move to Crimea by Kerch Strait from Krasnodar Krai. It is very, very close. So I doubt that Russians have big problems in arriving there. Of course, it would be easier for Russians from different, more northern from Krasnodar, lands to go there through Ukraine, but I hope they would be never able to "conquer" next Ukrainian areas.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 10:06 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Wołodyjowski View Post
Crimean Peninsula is not that far away from Russia. Russians (from Russia) are able to move to Crimea by Kerch Strait from Krasnodar Krai. It is very, very close. So I doubt that Russians have big problems in arriving there. Of course, it would be easier for Russians from different, more northern from Krasnodar, lands to go there through Ukraine, but I hope they would be never able to "conquer" next Ukrainian areas.
It's close of course, but it would help a lot to have a landway. They haven't got a landway, other than through Ukraine, and frankly, how many Russians, of modest means, are going to make a ferry journey just to support Putin?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 10:21 AM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
It's close of course, but it would help a lot to have a landway. They haven't got a landway, other than through Ukraine, and frankly, how many Russians, of modest means, are going to make a ferry journey just to support Putin?
There will be a bridge built across, to Kerch. The Chinese will help us, already signed all the papers. I wrote about it before.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Aug 8th 2014, 10:36 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
There will be a bridge built across, to Kerch. The Chinese will help us, already signed all the papers. I wrote about it before.
Another expense for Putin.
By the way, as I said, some of the photos you post don't show many people at all - it's strange that you posted them in that context. And those pictures with a lot of people could, as I've said, easily be locals rather than tourists, taking advantage of the lack of tourists. The first post in this thread shows plenty of sparsely populated photos. But we both agree that it's been the worst tourism year in a long time for the Crimea.

A feasibility study of the bridge will be published next year. I think you'll have to wait a long time before being able to use that bridge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerch_Strait_Bridge

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Aug 8th 2014 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Nov 9th 2014, 07:26 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,080
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
There will be a bridge built across, to Kerch. The Chinese will help us, already signed all the papers. I wrote about it before.
I wonder what kind of ink they used.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Nov 10th 2014, 06:42 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I wonder what kind of ink they used.
The project is happening. Did you not read the article I posted, it says construction on the bridge already started, although they may now change it to a tunnel Either way, it is proceeding.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com