Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Other Forums > Travel

Travel Where have you been? Where are you planning to go? Where would you like to go?

Old Jul 4th 2014, 02:14 AM
Globetrotter

Default Re: Yevpatoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
I can guess why he would say that. Poland and Polyaks are no friend of ours right now. As you should well know, living there.
I am 100% convinced that Pan Wolodoyowski is not russophobic and that there was no offence in the word 'seriously'.

As I said you made a fool of yourself, and I'm glad it's not me who now looks such a fool.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 02:39 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I am 100% convinced that Pan Wolodoyowski is not russophobic and that there was no offence in the word 'seriously'.

As I said you made a fool of yourself, and I'm glad it's not me who now looks such a fool.
Polyaks hate us Russians. I know it. That is why they attacked Russian fans at Euro 2012 in Warsaw

I know better than you, my friend. All the East Europeans hate us, ungrateful people whom our grandfathers gave blood and lives to save from Nazis. Ungrateful people who always envied us our superior position in the world. Fuck them. I have nothing to say to any of them.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 02:49 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Polyaks hate us Russians. I know it. That is why they attacked Russian fans at Euro 2012 in Warsaw

I know better than you, my friend. All the East Europeans hate us, ungrateful people whom our grandfathers gave blood and lives to save from Nazis. Ungrateful people who always envied us our superior position in the world. Fuck them. I have nothing to say to any of them.
I'm not talking about nations - I think you are hiding behind nations in shame of the stupid comment you made, one person to another, with zero provocation.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 02:51 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I'm not talking about nations - I think you are hiding behind nations in shame of the stupid comment you made, one person to another, with zero provocation.
And what do you think he meant then, smart guy?
Old Jul 4th 2014, 02:55 AM
Globetrotter

Well, I hope he comes back and clarifies his comment later. If I jumped to conclusion I will then apologize. I do not think I did, however.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 02:57 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
And what do you think he meant then, smart guy?
I think he was expessing surprise, but I can't be sure.

But I am sure about one thing - he certainly didn't mean to accuse you, or offend you or anything wrong.

He isn't a Catholic - he has told us - in Poland, it's only very ardent Catholics (and only some of them) who are russophobic.

Althogh even if he'd been fanatically Catholic, saying 'Seriously?' is obviously not offensive.

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Jul 4th 2014 at 03:00 AM.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 03:01 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Well, I hope he comes back and clarifies his comment later. If I jumped to conclusion I will then apologize. I do not think I did, however.
Perfect.

Pan Wolodojowski, this conversation is about you - please go back and see what it's about, and then clarify what you meant by 'Seriously?'

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Jul 4th 2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 03:17 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
I think he was expessing surprise, but I can't be sure.

But I am sure about one thing - he certainly didn't mean to accuse you, or offend you or anything wrong.

He isn't a Catholic - he has told us - in Poland, it's only the most ardent of Catholics (and only some of them) who are russophobic.

Althogh even if he'd been fanatically Catholic, saying 'Seriously?' is obviously not offensive.
Surprise at what? That a Russian would dare visit Crimea and bring his family along? He, and you, and everyone out there have been fed all this Ukrainian and pro-Ukrainian propaganda, about how Crimean beaches are empty, so are their stores, people are starving, etc.

It is all crap.

"Empty beaches"

"Empty stores"

Etc. Even expensive wines and such

Even the closed McDonalds restaurants are being replaced, by branches of the patriotic RusBurger

lol

Fact is, Crimea is thriving in Russia. It will prosper here. And there is nothing to be surprised about in that.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 11:36 AM
Citizen

Wow, what a discussion on my one-word question. Fine then, I will clarify.

1. To the post about being pro-Ukrainian and anti-Russian, about Bandera et cetera. I don't give a sh*t about this. Bandera was responsible to many deaths of Poles as well as other ethnicities. Russians well responsible too. Germans, as well. Poland was in war with many other nations, people die on war - this is how war works. I don't give a sh*t about those facts, as probably 90% of people who took part in such events are dead already. I have met Ukrainians in my life and I'm still alive, so you can put your Banderas to the background. History is to be remembered, not to be followed and not be a reason to create xenophobic ideology.

If my behaviour and my way of life would be dictated by history, I would probably live in some bunkers, terrified about the possibility that every single foreinger might want to kill me. Because his/her ancestors were fighting with mine.

2. You have put a photo of people who are hated by everyone, even by sportsmen, to support your thesis - it is not much smart. These guys who go to a stadium are not football fans, but fans of violence.

3. I am not against Russian nation, as I am not against any nation on the Earth.

4. My question was a result of my own observations. It is pathetic (and somehow funny) that some people's goal in life is only to insult others. Crimea was Ukrainian, previously Soviet etc. Borderlines were changing and there would never be any peace in a dialogue about "to whom Crimea belonged". Now it is Russia, as Smolensk is. But if you are a huge fan of a history, that you refer to it, you should know, that for most of a time it was Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and later Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

I don't like insults. There is no hatred towards Russians in my mind nor in behaviour. But when you write "Ukrainian bitch" and for a while crying about Ukrainians existance it becomes pathetic. Sometimes I see such behaviour, but as well from Russians and from Ukrainians. I am against that in both cases - no matter who writes. It is simply a provocation.

I don't care - go to the Crimea with your family and have fun. It is your choice, everyone have a right to spent his/her free time due to own wishes. No one will stop you. But you could simply said that you go there, without reminding to the whole world that you have some problems with Ukraine.

So my "seriously?" was a synonyme to "omg, again virtual battles UA vs RU - who will be more tough in words this time?".

And of course you started to insult me when you have just seen a response from a Pole. Try to stop perceive everyone who disagree with you as an enemy, maybe.

Nick, most of xenophobic idiots in Poland are generally PiS followers. Who see some stupid hypothetical tendencies of other nations in the history. But there are also those maniacs - who remind me those guys from a picture that MeMyselfAndI had posted - from Ruch Narodowy; these are even more dangerous and mostly, more stupid. Some teenage cretins who are eager to fight with everyone in the name of "tradition". Like crusaders in Ierusalem.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 12:43 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Wołodyjowski View Post
Wow, what a discussion on my one-word question. Fine then, I will clarify.

1. To the post about being pro-Ukrainian and anti-Russian, about Bandera et cetera. I don't give a sh*t about this. Bandera was responsible to many deaths of Poles as well as other ethnicities. Russians well responsible too. Germans, as well. Poland was in war with many other nations, people die on war - this is how war works. I don't give a sh*t about those facts, as probably 90% of people who took part in such events are dead already. I have met Ukrainians in my life and I'm still alive, so you can put your Banderas to the background. History is to be remembered, not to be followed and not be a reason to create xenophobic ideology.

If my behaviour and my way of life would be dictated by history, I would probably live in some bunkers, terrified about the possibility that every single foreinger might want to kill me. Because his/her ancestors were fighting with mine.

2. You have put a photo of people who are hated by everyone, even by sportsmen, to support your thesis - it is not much smart. These guys who go to a stadium are not football fans, but fans of violence.

3. I am not against Russian nation, as I am not against any nation on the Earth.

4. My question was a result of my own observations. It is pathetic (and somehow funny) that some people's goal in life is only to insult others. Crimea was Ukrainian, previously Soviet etc. Borderlines were changing and there would never be any peace in a dialogue about "to whom Crimea belonged". Now it is Russia, as Smolensk is. But if you are a huge fan of a history, that you refer to it, you should know, that for most of a time it was Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and later Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

I don't like insults. There is no hatred towards Russians in my mind nor in behaviour. But when you write "Ukrainian bitch" and for a while crying about Ukrainians existance it becomes pathetic. Sometimes I see such behaviour, but as well from Russians and from Ukrainians. I am against that in both cases - no matter who writes. It is simply a provocation.

I don't care - go to the Crimea with your family and have fun. It is your choice, everyone have a right to spent his/her free time due to own wishes. No one will stop you. But you could simply said that you go there, without reminding to the whole world that you have some problems with Ukraine.

So my "seriously?" was a synonyme to "omg, again virtual battles UA vs RU - who will be more tough in words this time?".

And of course you started to insult me when you have just seen a response from a Pole. Try to stop perceive everyone who disagree with you as an enemy, maybe.

Nick, most of xenophobic idiots in Poland are generally PiS followers. Who see some stupid hypothetical tendencies of other nations in the history. But there are also those maniacs - who remind me those guys from a picture that MeMyselfAndI had posted - from Ruch Narodowy; these are even more dangerous and mostly, more stupid. Some teenage cretins who are eager to fight with everyone in the name of "tradition". Like crusaders in Ierusalem.
Fair enough. Thank you for clarification, and my apologies for losing my temper. I suppose I too am influenced, to much degree, by propaganda that is indeed constantly pumped at us here, through our television, newspapers, and on the internet...

I do know many of those who went to Warsaw in 2012 were not our best citizens either. They did beat up those stewards in the stadium, which may have partially started up the whole thing.

Shit... I do not know. I insult Ukrainians, because they constantly insulted and attacked us, long before Crimea. They sent fighters to Chechnya, helped murder our soldiers there (that is what Donbass is payback for, today). They mistreated Russians in Ukraine, refer to us as "katsaps" and "moskals", try to claim they are real Rus somehow, as idiotic as that is. One just grows tired of this after some time. And look what happened after Maidan, first thing they did, was to start smashing Soviet and Russian monuments. This reminded me of those Red Army veterans being beaten in Lvov for trying to put flowers to a monument there, it enraged me, as a grandson of a veteran. Ukraine chose to make us her enemy, by betraying our brotherhood and common legacy. Now, they reap what they had been sowing for the last twenty years.