Discussion World Forum  

Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Religion & Moral Issues

Religion & Moral Issues For discussion of all issues of religion, spiritualism, faith and moral issues.

View Poll Results: Chosen culture of... a) Cossacks/ b) Cossack men
Cossacks 2 50.00%
Cossack men 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 14th 2013, 02:28 PM
Globetrotter

Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Yes, that is my mistake. On another forum, where I took that photo from, they have software, which zooms down posted images, so they appear of appropriate size, regardless what size they actually are. So, it looked normal to me over there, and after I copied it to here, and submitted the post, did not bother checking to see what it looked like, was in a hurry. Now cannot edit it, sorry.
I'm not sure, but I think Dominick was talking about many many many of your photographs. But if I'm wrong, then I hope he corrects me.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 06:42 PM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
I'm not sure, but I think Dominick was talking about many many many of your photographs. But if I'm wrong, then I hope he corrects me.
Dominick was talking about one very specific picture. Note the exact dimensions.
Old Nov 11th 2015, 12:05 AM
Nomad

Quote:
A few points about the morals of Cossacks
-men refuse to allow other men to touch their wives' hair, under any circumstances. That gives us some idea of their jealous nature.
-those same men, spend a few nights a year being unfaithful to their wives. (the women with whom they have sex on those nights are non-Cossacks).

My question is, do you think this is the chosen culture of Cossacks?
Or is it the chosen cultue of Cossack men?

It is very common among Cossacks to use words like 'slut' to describe more modern women. (so that tells us something about the respect that they have for the non-Cossack women that the Cossack men have sex with when they are being unfaithful to their wives.

On a side-issue, Cossack men, so modern and liberal when it comes to their own adultery (well, you know, old chap, the 10 commandments were written in a different era, eh what what?), are curiously old-fashioned when it comes to homosexuality. Surely not a case of stomach-churning self-serving judgement?
There is a good reason not to touch woman hair. about hundred years ago you could loose your front teeth doing it, in best case. Sex out of marriage absolutely impossible (some exemption- after a bad war or epidemy, to restore population,with wife permission). more modern woman? what is that mean? When you can't find out - is this woman not fully dressed, or not fully undressed? old faith got detailed, and believe me, very reasonable explanation about "dress code". You just need more info to understand it. same mistake people make when call tsar Ivan terrible. Ivan execute about 4000 people during his rule time. at the same time population of Russia increased for more than 30%. England, first half of 16 century - executed 70000 homeless; 1572 - St.Bartholomew's night,by order of Karl 9 - 30000 killed; In Germany at suppression of the peasant rebellion in 1525 executed more than 100 thousand people. Q. - who is terrible?
Old Nov 11th 2015, 08:56 AM
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V lad i mir View Post
same mistake people make when call tsar Ivan terrible. Ivan execute about 4000 people during his rule time. at the same time population of Russia increased for more than 30%. England, first half of 16 century - executed 70000 homeless; 1572 - St.Bartholomew's night,by order of Karl 9 - 30000 killed; In Germany at suppression of the peasant rebellion in 1525 executed more than 100 thousand people. Q. - who is terrible?
Quote:
Mary I (queen of England (1553-58)
Between 1555 and 1558 over 300 English protestants were burnt just for being protestants. (ASHLEY (1998) p. 249.

ASHLEY, Mike,1998) British Kings and Queens London, Robinson Publishing Ltd)

I don't see how Mary I was any different from the Mongols.
I don't see how England had a different upbringing from Russia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
300 Protestants burnt at the stake and that horror show of religious tyranny was enough to earn Queen Mary the nickname of "Bloody Mary".

And she was (arguably) the most murderous tyrant ever to rule merry ole England.

That's probably the best argument to show that England was ruled by more moderation and stronger limits on royal authority than any other European state. Three hundred dead is nothing in the annals of European history books filled with countless slaughters ordered by countless European monarchs.
http://www.discussionworldforum.com/...ead.php?t=3122

Isn't there a contradiction between V lad i mir's and Michael's posts above?

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Nov 11th 2015 at 08:59 AM.