Discussion World Forum  


Go Back   Discussion World Forum > Discussion Forums > Religion & Moral Issues

Religion & Moral Issues For discussion of all issues of religion, spiritualism, faith and moral issues.

View Poll Results: Chosen culture of... a) Cossacks/ b) Cossack men
Cossacks 2 50.00%
Cossack men 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old Apr 5th 2013, 11:17 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I don't judge other people's morality - expecially those who live in non-western nations on the other side of the globe.

That would be very presumptuous of me if I did.
Maybe you don't judge their moralities, but you certainly judge the countries where if they live. I'm just opining that maybe the countries would be less shithole-like if the people went about things differently.

http://www.discussionworldforum.com/...?t=4188&page=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Heck, I'm an atheist and I hate xmas, but even I get annoyed at the political correctness gone psycho with all this pre-emptive surrendering to Muslims on every cultural issue.

I say fuck the immigrants. If they want to object to xmas trees, they can get the fuck out and go back to the shithole they crawled out of and complain about it there. Indeed, if any immigrant speaks up on the issue, I'm sure the public could easily raise enough money to pay for their [one-way] airfare out of here. Indeed, I'm sure such a policy would be VERY popular.

Bottom line is that Yule trees long pre-date Christmas and Christianity. They are part of the ancient European pagan cultural tradition for thousands of years.
__________________
Europe

Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland; Apr 5th 2013 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Apr 5th 2013, 06:42 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is offline
Administrator
Herder of Cats
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,835
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Maybe you don't judge their moralities, but you certainly judge the countries where if they live. I'm just opining that maybe the countries would be less shithole-like if the people went about things differently.
When I call a nation a shithole, that label is proven by the desire of so many of that nation's citizens to emmigrate to western countries.

If those nations were not shitholes, people wouldn't be fighting to leave it.

That is to say, my judgement (in this case) is based on the logic of events, not a moral judgement.

Indeed, if one is talking about national governments, I'd assert that ALL national governments are criminally obnoxious. They only differ in degree.
__________________
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Apr 6th 2013, 01:24 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
When I call a nation a shithole, that label is proven by the desire of so many of that nation's citizens to emmigrate to western countries.

If those nations were not shitholes, people wouldn't be fighting to leave it.

That is to say, my judgement (in this case) is based on the logic of events, not a moral judgement.

Indeed, if one is talking about national governments, I'd assert that ALL national governments are criminally obnoxious. They only differ in degree.
Your reason for calling them shitholes is immaterial - you think they are shitholes, and I'm just suggesting that maybe, just maybe, they are shitholes because of the way people go about things in those countries.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Nov 13th 2013, 03:54 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Any more conclusions on whether it is Cossacks in general, or just Cossack men who have opted for the Cossacks' way of life?
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:58 AM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
Any more conclusions on whether it is Cossacks in general, or just Cossack men who have opted for the Cossacks' way of life?
I know this, Nick: Cossacks are a resilient people who have persevered through some terrible ordeals, especially after the Communists took over. I know that, over there, ten, eleven, twelve year old boys are up early in the morning, ploughing the family field or seeding, or reaping, together with their older brothers, fathers, etc, while their peers here in Moscow are still asleep, not worrying about where their food comes from.

Their militias help defend our national borders too. They are good people, and not to be put down simply because they have certain strange customs you do not agree with.

Last edited by Michael; Nov 16th 2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Image removed - too big
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old Nov 13th 2013, 01:01 PM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
I know this, Nick: Cossacks are a resilient people who have persevered through some terrible ordeals, especially after the Communists took over. I know that, over there, ten, eleven, twelve year old boys are up early in the morning, ploughing the family field
or seeding, or reaping, together with their older brothers, fathers, etc, while their peers here in Moscow are still asleep, not worrying about where their food comes from.
So, are you a Cossack?
(below is post 10 from the following link http://www.discussionworldforum.com/...ead.php?t=4691
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
I had to work my whole life, much harder than those Supervisors. I grew up in a village where you had to hunt down and kill your food in the forest, before you got to eat it. When I moved to Moscow, I started out working on a riverboat, living on it also, sleeping in a cardboard box in the machine room where I worked as a mechanic, while wealthy Muscovites partied on decks above me. I did not take any easy way, to where I am today, believe me. I know what work is. Those Supervisors do not do nearly enough of it.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Nov 13th 2013, 02:25 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKIELCEPoland View Post
So, are you a Cossack?
(below is post 10 from the following link http://www.discussionworldforum.com/...ead.php?t=4691
No, but my people are similar to them.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Nov 13th 2013, 08:48 PM
Dominick's Avatar
Dominick Dominick is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dying Europe
Posts: 3,837
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
No, but my people are similar to them.
Do they all post 5,616px 3,744px pictures ?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Nov 14th 2013, 03:51 AM
NickKIELCEPoland's Avatar
NickKIELCEPoland NickKIELCEPoland is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,082
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
Do they all post 5,616px 3,744px pictures ?
No, but if they ever work their way out of their humble origins, that is what they'll start doing, on a daily basis.
__________________
Europe
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Nov 14th 2013, 01:38 PM
MeMyselfAndI MeMyselfAndI is offline
Globetrotter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: The morals of Cossacks

Yes, that is my mistake. On another forum, where I took that photo from, they have software, which zooms down posted images, so they appear of appropriate size, regardless what size they actually are. So, it looked normal to me over there, and after I copied it to here, and submitted the post, did not bother checking to see what it looked like, was in a hurry. Now cannot edit it, sorry.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008 - 2017, DiscussionWorldForum.com